}}}} PS3 Vs XBOX 360 {{{{

Who is the best?

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ things have changed they have so drastically changed u know what has changed - just new titles and price :lol:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^can't make out anything out of your above post!

Guys this is my personal opinion---I'll prefer buying ps3 over XBOX360 anyday.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ dude what are u saying so much has changed :D ... the price has changed and the titles have changed :lol:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
sam9s said:
yes the prices have changed but the relative difference more or less remains same. I agree with PS3 launching a 40GB version which is relatively inexpensive, I'd say PS3 now is not exorbitantly priced but yes still expensive...............................xbox still has better titles on board.....
Plus given that u get games worth Rs 85k free with the Xbox 360(which costs 27.5k) the cost actually comes down to Rs 19k which is much lesser than the PS3's 24k asking price .

With the Core version too , u get 2 games worth Rs 4k , which brings down price of core to 15k .

The PS3 40GB does not include any game with it and u have to shell out Rs 2.7k for a single title .

Also , at all places Here , for exmaple say landmark has about 50+ Xbox 360 Titles on the shelf whereas only 8 PS3 titles on shelf :p

And the most important thing of all , Most Multiple Platform games are being released for the Xbox 360 first n then for the PS3 after 4-5 months .

The best example currently is "The Orange Box" which was released for the 360 quite a time ago and is still in development for the PS3

PS3 version of Orange Box might be 'downright unplayable

joystiq said:
To add insult to injury, and then to pour a salt and lemon juice cocktail into said injury, the PS3 version of Orange Box has received the developmental shaft, according to a recent preview on 1UP. While the PC and 360 versions of the game were largely managed by Valve, the PS3 version was apparently the responsibility of a team at EA. This has led to a number of framerate hiccups and other technical issues which "at best merely hinder game play and at worst make the experience downright unplayable."

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ zeeshan so much has changed ps 3 is future by the time that future comes xbox 720 will eb released :lol: a lot has changed a lot:D

faraaz

Evil Genius
Agreed...Sony has screwed up their timing for the PS3...but unfortunately, I willl still be buying that only and not XBox 360 for 1 simple reason...

XBOX 360 has crap games and the half decent games that ARE available will eventually be released on PC anyway...like Bioshock, Mass Effect etc. Whereas the PS3 games like Tekken 6, MGS4, FF 13 etc will never be released for PC...plus I hate XBOX 360 type games...really not my type...but I am in love with the franchises on the PS3...so its more of a qualitative than quantitative decision for me...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
faraaz said:
Agreed...Sony has screwed up their timing for the PS3...but unfortunately, I willl still be buying that only and not XBox 360 for 1 simple reason...

XBOX 360 has crap games and the half decent games that ARE available will eventually be released on PC anyway...like Bioshock, Mass Effect etc. Whereas the PS3 games like Tekken 6, MGS4, FF 13 etc will never be released for PC...plus I hate XBOX 360 type games...really not my type...but I am in love with the franchises on the PS3...so its more of a qualitative than quantitative decision for me...
Yeah , but i liked Halo , Gears of War , Bioshock .

and mind you , to play the latest games on teh PC u'll need to hv the latest GFX card which themselves cost 20k+ so no question of PC gaming here .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
faraaz said:
Pardon me if I decide to buy something based on whether I like it or not...
that wasnt meant for u :)

indeed am in favor of PS3.

its just for people who digg up the news to prove their point out of utter fanboyism.

I am better off with few good quality titles to play on PS3 than to collect the heap of XBOX titles and waste my time on playing every shitty game.

PS: I hav gone thru that quantitaive phase long ago, now my thinking is much refined

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@T159

Dude that is totally shown in you n00bish show of "matureness" . This is the fight club section and we are here to fight just for the sake of it and have fun , go show your "refineness" in other sections , this one's only for the thick skinned !

btw , May i know which consoles you own and which "refined" games u have played so far ? It'll be better if u started off from your very first game and continued till the latest .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
@T159

Dude that is totally shown in you n00bish show of "matureness" . This is the fight club section and we are here to fight just for the sake of it and have fun , go show your "refineness" in other sections , this one's only for the thick skinned !

btw , May i know which consoles you own and which "refined" games u have played so far ? It'll be better if u started off from your very first game and continued till the latest .
none, i dont hav any console.

Few games i liked:
Silent Hill series
Mafia
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
POP series

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
T159 said:
none, i dont hav any console.

Few games i liked:
Silent Hill series
Mafia
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
POP series

Would not it be better then if you get a 360, play the games on it, expirience XBL and then dismiss of the whole package as rubbish?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ctrl_alt_del said:
Would not it be better then if you get a 360, play the games on it, expirience XBL and then dismiss of the whole package as rubbish?
dismiss off the the whole package /

u mean my PC and these games ?

I guess u dont seem to appreciate games but to play them just for the sake of time pass.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
T159 said:

I guess u dont seem to appreciate games but to play them just for the sake of time pass.
What he meant was that you should first experience gaming on an Xbox 360 nad Xbox Live and only then decide if it's better or worse .

btw,
Silent Hill series
Mafia
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
POP series

None of these games are one of the Console Classics , u seem to be mostly a PC gamer , there are many "console only" games for you to experience , i Suggest :

Resident Evil Series(1,2,and Specially my favorite Code: Veronica , u can give RE 3 a miss if u want , 4 is a must)

Soul Calibur(only the original) if u are a fan of Console Fighting .

Dead or Alive 2 and 4 .

Tekken 3,5 if u still wanna play Fighting games .

God of War I and II

Sonic and Sonic 2(both on dreamcast , although later versions are available on PS2)

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black if u are a fan of beat-em-up's

I can list more console games if u want , i'm sure u'll like them .

faraaz

Evil Genius
ctrl_alt_del said:

Du bis komisch! :p

You don't have to OWN a 360 to know its crap. For example, my roomie owns one, and honestly?? PS3 is better any day...

Yes yes, I know that XBox 360 is selling more, has more bestsellers on its game list etc etc etc...

But after playing PS2, which thoroughly dominated the original XBOX, here's the thing:

1) XBox controllers are crap, no argument! Only way you can like them is if you have never played on a PS2 or PS3 before...

2) XBox games generally lack console-ness...this is a bit of an intangible factor, but its something like comparing Final Fantasy 12 to Knights of the Old Republic...both are awesome games, but KOTOR is better played on a PC than a console...same goes for Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion or Morrowind...great games, but you have to be crazy to play them on a console.

3) This may be just me but when you factor in all the extras you end up having to buy to get the level of functionality as the PS3, it ends up costing the same almost...so dont use cost as an advantage.

4) XBOX Live I admit is already up and running so it has a head start, but here's the thing...PSN is going to be free! And it lets me play Tekken 5 DR & Tekken 6 ONLINE!!! Considering I used to play semi-pro back in Australia, game over as far as I'm concerned...PS3 has pwnz0rd XBOX 360 hard... 8)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
What he meant was that you should first experience gaming on an Xbox 360 nad Xbox Live and only then decide if it's better or worse .

btw,
Silent Hill series
Mafia
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
POP series

None of these games are one of the Console Classics , u seem to be mostly a PC gamer , there are many "console only" games for you to experience , i Suggest :

Resident Evil Series(1,2,and Specially my favorite Code: Veronica , u can give RE 3 a miss if u want , 4 is a must)

Soul Calibur(only the original) if u are a fan of Console Fighting .

Dead or Alive 2 and 4 .

Tekken 3,5 if u still wanna play Fighting games .

God of War I and II

Sonic and Sonic 2(both on dreamcast , although later versions are available on PS2)

Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black if u are a fan of beat-em-up's

I can list more console games if u want , i'm sure u'll like them .
if am not wrong, POP series, Silent hill series are console classic

I would love to play RE, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, Gran Turismo, Assassin Creed and Fatal Frame. I was a game news cruncher a few year back (lost interest now cuz of lack of time).

Btw FPS are mine fav and PS3 provides keybpard and mouse functionality.

Last edited:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Faraaz: Buddy, honestly, I was expecting more from you.

You got my post wrong. What I was trying to say is that get a 360, either borrow it from a friend or buy it and play extensively on it before dismissing it as a useless piece of junk. I am not suggesting to just buy it. Just spend more time on it before coming to conclusions. Obviously, neither was it intended, nor does it apply on you since you roommate has one, which by default, enables you to spend extensive hands-on-time on it to come to your own conclusions. I suggest others dissing the console do the same.

Rest of the points you made are right as far your personal opinion are concerned. For me, I like the Xbox 360 controllers. The gun-like triggers are great when it comes to FPS games. And the rumble effect gives a nice solid feedback. Too bad Sony bungled up on this one when they went out and announced that Rumble wasn't possible with SIXAXIS. Eating humble pie should be sobering enough.

Yes, the extra accessories do drive up the cost of the console. I, for one, would have loved it if the 360 used a HDD system like PS3. Too bad we have to shell out extra money all the time for all these proprietary formats, be it the HDD from MS or the Sony MSPD.

As for LIVE, I still believe it's a good feature to have which SONY is trying to emulate with PSN. Agreed, for your games, it suits you. For me, COD4 yields better matches on 360 then on PS3, based on the broad install base.

T159 said:

Please be so kind to have a look at my signature. I hope that will shed off some light on what kind of a gamer I am.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
faraaz said:
XBox controllers are crap, no argument! Only way you can like them is if you have never played on a PS2 or PS3 before...
Dude , any gamer worth his salt would agree that the Xbox 360 controler design is much more ergonomic than the PS2 Controller design .

I personally have had sore thumbs while playing burnout(yes i'm a burnout whore) on the PS2 for long hours . But the Xbox 360 controller(which takes a cure from the Dreamcast controller which i simply loved) has the correct placement o the Left analog stick so you don't have to bend your thumb at a very steep angle to reach the stick , whereas in the PS2 this is the case and thus causes a pain in ur thumb after a long gaming session .

Also , there seems to be some kind of jinx with the PS2 controllers cos when burnout dominator was released(May07 i suppose) i trashed a total of 8 PS2 controller(3 me , 5 my pal) in a single month doing split screen burnout gaming . whereas my Dreamcast Controller(since 2001) has succesfully bore the button mashing in Dead or alive 2 for many years and is functioning perfectly till now , same for the 360 controller , which is has been grilled constantly First by DOA 4 n then by Brunout Revenge but is still intact(although the triggers have become extra smooth due to being used constantly in burnout) .

@T159 , btw mate i forgot , Burnout(Takedown,Revenge,Dominator) is a total console classic and i urge you to play this game(be it on any console and before anoy other game) to enjoy the sheer fun of console gaming .

Top Bottom