Proxy Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
i m having 3 pcs running on xp sp2, i want to share my broadband connection to all of them. i have all the h/w needed. pls lemme kno the best proxy for this job.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
check out freeproxy. You will just need to configure the ports you want to allow access on, and you can run the proxy as a service.

*www.handcraftedsoftware.org/index.php?page=4&action=category&cat_id=2

get sambar server for free. www.sambar.com. easy to configure. by the way if u have broadband, the service provider would have given u router to connect through lan? then why proxy server. u r speed will be really good if u connect thru router.

dghosh033

Broken In
bsatheeshkumar said:
get sambar server for free. www.sambar.com. easy to configure. by the way if u have broadband, the service provider would have given u router to connect through lan? then why proxy server. u r speed will be really good if u connect thru router.

We r useing 512 kbps dataone service also provided with a adsl modem pls tell me how to share internet connection on all the 10 pcs we have in our office without useing any proxy server we are useing xp proffestional and hav domein based networking

hunt

Broken In
Hi
Winxp sp 2 is the OS for all your pc.Then I would advice you to use
NETNANNY 4 proxy.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Just share that PC's Internet Connection.....where the BB modem conected.

Right Click the bb connection icon and go to proerties page--->Advance--->under ICS(Internet Connecton Sharing) Check the "Allow other network user connect to this computer's Internet Connection"

And other two option you allowed acording to your network security....

Now the TCP/IP Settings of the Lan Card:---

BB modem connected PC :--

IP address:192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

Other's PC:---
IP address:Obtain IP address automatically
Obtain DNS Server Adress automatically

You must have a Hub for your network,if not than you have atleast 2 lan card installed on that computer which the BB modem connected....
OR
If your modem have USB functionality...than 1 Lan card is sufficent...
We r useing 512 kbps dataone service also provided with a adsl modem pls tell me how to share internet connection on all the 10 pcs we have in our office without useing any proxy server we are useing xp proffestional and hav domein based networking

Hope your plan is a Bussiness Plan of DataOne...and have static IP....So you need to assign that Ip address of the lan card where the BB Modem attacched.....and rest of the process are same which i mention above...

Last edited:
sysfilez said:
i m having 3 pcs running on xp sp2, i want to share my broadband connection to all of them. i have all the h/w needed. pls lemme kno the best proxy for this job.

you need a non-managerial switch. tat's it!

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
For all who want to use proxy..
Go for caching proxy so that it can enhance browsing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom