Promoting from Blog to Website! Suggestions needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^ Guys :D. Some part of it was due to frustration. :D
I was struggling for more than 4 hours just to upload WordPress2.3 version to my host server. And ask me why?? Because I was doing it on a snail Airtel GPRS internet! :D

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yep...I did the same in a cybercafe to avoid further frustration! :D

Uploading the WP2.3 files is done to the server. I also created a SQL database with a user & gave all permissions to the user as suggested by navjot. But now I the install.php in wp_admin is not executing...how shall i install WP? Is this the problem of server host not supporting PHP? Or is a reboot of server needed?

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Check if your public_html folder contains any .htaccess file. if yes delete them. Because your homepage is giving 500 error so most probably it can be due to a .htaccess file which contains code which is not supported by the webhost.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ya. It was there in that folder. I deleted it. But still I am getting the same error. FYI, I have not deleted wordpress.zip file in public_html folder. Will it cause any problems? Also there are some other folders which are not a part of WP. The folders are:
_private
_vti_bin
_vti_cnf
_vti_log
_vti_pvt
_vti_txt
_cgi_bin
images

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I thank everybody for their valuable suggestions. :)
Finally my website is in some shape. :)
I am also thankful to Ashish (Tuxfan) for his help in construction. :)

I have some questions regarding wordpress. I will post them soon.
Busy now... :D

blackpearl

The Devil
I've changed my blog template. Had a hard time modifying it to suit me, because I don't know html. Some work left. Will do it 2morrow. Pls have a look and tell me how it is?

Q: I'm not able to center the sitemeter label at the bottom. How to do it?

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Nice site Kaushik!
Btw, my website is ready. Started added contents! :)

Could anybody give me a link of PHP codes for different colours?

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ya, I mean colour codes... :)
Also, I want to change the colour, size, format of the title text of a post. Where is it located? I searched in Header.php, but didn't understand well becoz I dono PHP. :-( Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom