Problems with my dell laptop?

balaji2525

Broken In
I have vostro 1510 laptop bought on may 2009 I faced battery problem after 6 months my battery backup lasted only for 40min. I called to dell customer care and complaint, they said it is comsumable part so even if it is under warranty they cannot give me a replacement. After an year my friend bought Dell inspiron , after 6 or 7 months he faced battery and motherboard problem, he complained to dell and he got a replacement on battery. Hearing this i called dell again and explained my story they said my warranty period is over so they cannot give me a replacement.(they meant "if i am under warranty they would have given a replacement" when i am not under warranty) I didn't receive any records of the complaint i made, to my mail.

any thing i can do now?

last year around August i was facing display problem, when ever i turn on my laptop flickers and different colors appear and after some time computer restarts. i called to dell again and explained my issues she told me to run some tests and instructed me in phone i just followed that after those tests my display was back, it didn't last long. she said my Display is having problem
so she recommended me to change it.

she give me two options
1. i can pay for display and get my issue fixed which will cost around 12k
2. i can extend my warranty up to 2016 which will cost around 14k

I m still wondering how she found that my display is having problem??

becoz, Even when i connect to secondary monitor i see same flickers and different color and how problem will get solved by changing the display ?.. I doubt this is a motherboard issue specially GPU problem, my laptop has Nvidia 8400GS.

what should i do now? how can i get my issue fixed ?
I am afraid to trust dell anymore

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
1. You should have replaced the battery when it was under warranty. Most of Dell India CC Executives are liars and gives different information to different person

2. You should extend your warranty upto 2016 for 14K, but make sure it is: Complete Cover | Dell India

If it's NOT complete cover, ask them complete cover details and post here......

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
1. You should have replaced the battery when it was under warranty. Most of Dell India CC Executives are liars and gives different information to different person

2. You should extend your warranty upto 2016 for 14K, but make sure it is: Complete Cover | Dell India

If it's NOT complete cover, ask them complete cover details and post here......

I asked for for replacement when it was under warranty but i was told battery cannot be given replacement as it is a consumable part.

I am afraid to pay another 14k to dell?

How much new mother board will cost for my laptop? Is it ok to go with local service centers?

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
I asked for for replacement when it was under warranty but i was told battery cannot be given replacement as it is a consumable part.

Ask him to transfer the issue to his supervisor & see him change the tune.

(BTW: Complete cover is totally worth it)

mrintech

Technomancer

I am afraid to pay another 14k to dell?

How much new mother board will cost for my laptop? Is it ok to go with local service centers?

Dell CC Executive simply lied to you. Battery is a consumable part, but if it was faulty and was under warranty, it must be replaced

Ask Dell India CC Executive to forward you Complete Cover details via EMAIL and post here.......

I will again recommend you to go for Complete Cover, instead of Local Stores/replacing only MoBo

:)

Ask him to transfer the issue to his supervisor & see him change the tune.

(BTW: Complete cover is totally worth it)

+1

tusharkeshri

Broken In
my friend had the same problem well hjs laptop wasn't under warranty ,first his motherboard went down ,so he got it replaced it costed hm 5k after one week it again went down another 5k bucks and then again went down in two days and then he replaced the laptop with macbook . These days you can't trust DELL.

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
my friend had the same problem well hjs laptop wasn't under warranty ,first his motherboard went down ,so he got it replaced it costed hm 5k after one week it again went down another 5k bucks and then again went down in two days and then he replaced the laptop with macbook . These days you can't trust DELL.

I guess it is better to dump my old vostro and get a new one

Tech&ME

Banned
1. Battery has a LIMITED 1 Year Warranty only.

2. Dell will replace parts if you have opted for On-Site Complete Cover anywhere in India.

3. Buy Dell Laptop directly from DELL. [ avoid Retail purchase ]

Top Bottom