Problem wth SATA drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_tabrez

Right off the assembly line
I have a 80GB 7200RPM Seagate SATA hard disk with Intel 915GAG motherboard.I run windows XP with SP2.
In the Device manager my Hard disk is shown under Primary IDE Channel wth Ultra DMA mode 5.
But according to SATA specifictaion the transfer rates should be around 150MBps.

Is this the case with all of you, or maybe i need to install any special SATA drivers.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
my seagate 80 gb sata is also working on ultra dma mode 5 ... i dint get any special drivers to install either with my mobo or with the hdd.

tabrez said:
I have a 80GB 7200RPM Seagate SATA hard disk with Intel 915GAG motherboard.I run windows XP with SP2.
In the Device manager my Hard disk is shown under Primary IDE Channel wth Ultra DMA mode 5.
But according to SATA specifictaion the transfer rates should be around 150MBps.

Is this the case with all of you, or maybe i need to install any special SATA drivers.

I had a similar doubt. What's the actual speed gain from SATA. Here's a screenshot from my system. See how the actual speed is still so low. I have BIOS select under DMA options.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/keithsebastian/General/SATA.jpg

-Keith

OP
I

imported_tabrez

Right off the assembly line
Atleast to you, your drive shows up as SATA but to me it is considered as a normal IDE drive.
*tabrez.hollosite.com/digit.gif
It is running under Ultra DMA 5 mode.
I used HD Tach to benchmark my disk and i got the following results.
Burst Speed : 128 MBps
Average Read: 48.2MBps
This is still less than what SATA can reach.

One more thing from where did u get those SATA controllers.
Can i get more info on that plz.
Thanx.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
my disk is also not shown as SATA ... do u need to install any drivers for sata disks ? my config is on my signature .. plz see n advice. thanx.

*img158.echo.cx/img158/420/device2wn.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom