Problem with Sony Vaio VPCEH

go4saket

Hello!

I brought a new Sony Vaio VPCEH and as I am never comfortable with company installed OS, the first thing I did was to format the system and install Win 7 Ultimate x64. After the installation, I am not able to use the Function keys, the ones thats used in combination with the Function key, like to increase or decrease brightness etc.. I haven't installed any Sony software's. Is it a must to install some of the sony software's to make them work and if yes, which software do I need to install?

Moreover, I downloaded every driver from the Sony website and installed them but my monitor still shows a Generic PnP monitor. Do I need any specific drivers for this and how can I change the color profile of my laptop as the colors are not accurate.

Please help.

Thank you.

Gollum

Collector
did you first the whole drive? if not then install the old os using the recovery menu.
make a backup of all the software and drivers and then install your own os

OP
go4saket

go4saket

No, I removed all the backup and company made partitions...So thee is no chance of getting a recovery. Point is, I have downloaded and installed all drivers from their official website.

Gollum

Collector
you can call customer care and tell them that you deleted the partitions without taking a backup. they will probably charge you for the dvd's if you are not covered under software warranty, which generally lasts for the first month of purchase.

Top Bottom