problem with seagate hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

runtime error

Broken In
hello guyz

my sysytem runs on athlon xp,asus a7n266vm motherboard and a 256 ddr ram

i bought an extra 80gb hdd,but when it is connected my system does nt boot n switch off automatically..thisproblem occurs even if i connect only the power cable to my new hdd. it works fine in my friends system.is it the problem with my smps..

please some one help me am very desperate

thank you

mohit

The Hardware Labs
what do u mean when u say "my system does nt boot n switch off automatically" ?? plz explain in detail. are u using two hard disks ? plz be a bit more clear.

OP
R

runtime error

Broken In
i used a sesagate 20 gb hd as master. and i connected this as secondary master. when i connect this hd the the system does not boot up.( i cud nt even hear the first BEEp sound )and the system switch off with the power light(the green one) on my cabinet blinking

i experienced the same problem when i connected the new hd alone as master

thank you for considering my problem

mohit

The Hardware Labs
see wht i can understand is , u r having 2 hdd's one 80 gb and one 20 gb . and both of them are not getting detected. i suggest u try the following,

:arrow: connect your new 80 gb hdd as primary master. check the jumper settings correctly and make it a master.

:arrow: connect the power cable (molex) properly and also the ide connector firmly.

:arrow: your problem seems more of a RAM problem to me .. so try replacing ur ram n see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom