Problem with Seagate 200GB SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Journeyman
I have 2 Hard drive 80GB and 200GB. Windows XP SP2 in 80GB Hard Drive.
I was using 200GB Segate SATA as single partion with lots of my photographi working files stored in it.

Recently I installed a new hard 40 GB drive but wrongly installed Windows XP1 and my 200GB hardisk show only 128GB but no file in it.

Again I used my old hard drive with 80GB (Windows XP SP2) and connected the 200GB hard drive. Drive Show (The disk in Drive D: is not formated. Do you want to format it now?) PPTD to fix the MBR and rebuild partition. But Now It shows 200GB but Not able to view any files and asking me to Format.

Please anyone can help me to solve this problem.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
the problem came as till Xp SP1 130 Gb or more is not supported.. and it made some Corruption... i think backup tools are their.. will search and get back to you

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
Something similar happened to me once, i used Ontrack's EasyRecovery Professional & got back all my files.

Hope it works for you too.

OP
S

stalin

Journeyman
I was able to recover files using file scavenger but It will take long time and I have to buy 1 more 200 GB Hard drive to move the recovered files. I know it is small problem. It is not showing NTFS and FAT32. May be there is some software to fix this problem.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
stalin can u post what exactly you've done with Disk Test 6.3 to recover...it might be helpful for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom