Problem with Rapidshare download Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
Hi,
I am a rapidshare Premium User.My download log in the Rapidshare website shows more than what I have actually downloaded.When I sent a mail to Rapidshare about this,they sent me this mail

"please note that if you are using a download manager that makes split or multi
thread downloads the traffic may fallout higher.Since some program are poorly programmed they will not only download one part,but will download the entire file again and again.
We suggest to check the settings of your download manager. You should download
the files in only one part.Downloading with a web browser will not cause any unnecessary traffic."

In my IDM settings the default "No of Connections" is 8.According to the mail i changed it to 1.But the problem is that I am getting only low speeds of 13-15 KBPS.When the "No Of Connections is 8" i am getting speeds of 250-300 KBPS.I usually put 30-42 files at a time and I am getting average speed of 270 KBPS(when no of conn is 8).What will be my speed If I change the "no of conn to 1" or if I use webbrowser to download.I am having a 2mbps connection.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Try to use Flashget v1.73 and check whether you have the same problem.
I have been using Flashget v1.73 to download from RS.

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
well wat i know is IDM do not download as a whole part...it download the whole file in no. of parts per connection.....i mean more the no. of connection more is the no. of parts....if u r downloading some file from rapidshare or from any server then it ll break into no. of parts and then download it all parts simultaneoulsy...and in when all parts complete then it rebuild whole file again u might have noticed that...
i.e y when u use 8 no. of connection u get avg speed of 250..beacuse ur bandwidth is 2mbps...so u can put many downloades at one time...

and dont know abt rapid share download log....if u can paste that log..that i ll help me look into the problem..

selva1966

Journeyman
Go to scheduler and in 'files in queue' choose 'download 1 file at the same time'. Let no. of connection remain the same.

adi007

Youngling
Go to scheduler and in 'files in queue' choose 'download 1 file at the same time'. Let no. of connection remain the same.
That's exactly what i suggest
One must get a speed of 200-300 kbps in rapidshare premier account....no matter what the file is...i am getting 250-260kbps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom