paul_007

Padawan
my system config r as follows:
pentium D 2.8 GHz
512 MB DDR2 RAM
intel 946 GZ mobo
XFX 256 mb 7600 GT graphic card
80 GB samsung hard disk

whenver i start my PC after 5 - 10 mins my PC hangs and when i restart it does not boot up(it hangs again) , the processor cooloing fan starts rotating at very high speed(with high buzzing noise) and when i again restart the system creates continuous beeping sound.

This problem started 1 month back ...but at that time my system hanged 30 to 40 mins after booting but now it is freezing just after 5 mins

is this bcos of PSU unit problem or due to continuous fluctuation of power in my home(i am not using any UPS rite now)

Pls help

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
paul_007 said:
whenver i start my PC after 5 - 10 mins my PC hangs and when i restart it does not boot up(it hangs again) , the processor cooloing fan starts rotating at very high speed(with high buzzing noise) and when i again restart the system creates continuous beeping sound.

This problem started 1 month back ...but at that time my system hanged 30 to 40 mins after booting but now it is freezing just after 5 mins

is this bcos of PSU unit problem or due to continuous fluctuation of power in my home(i am not using any UPS rite now)

Pls help

In the first place .. GET A UPS MAN . !!!!!! not havin 1 can create serious trouble if u r unlucky . and as u say there r power fluctuations u must have 1 .. secondly .. the prob that u mention might be dude to overheating, you did not mention how old is uer comp ..

xsreality

Broken In
the continuous beeping occurs due to 2 reasons...
either ur SMPS is gone or there is lot of dust on your RAM stick.. take out your RAM, clean it and the slots too...insert again and check if d problem is solved or not...if it doesnt then u wil hv to check ur SMPS.

shantanu

Technomancer
first of all check your SMPS, and tell exactly how many beeps....

if countinous beeps then the reason can be:The problem with RAM, display card or motherboard...

check your power supply, its possible that the components arent getting adequate power supply... :p

and repair or format your system and install again... take out your RAM sticks and plug them in again.. try removing your Graphic card and then see what happens... may be your SMPS is not up to mark...

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
shantanu_webmaster said:
first of all check your SMPS, and tell exactly how many beeps....

if countinous beeps then the reason can be:The problem with RAM, display card or motherboard...

check your power supply, its possible that the components arent getting adequate power supply... :p

and repair or format your system and install again... take out your RAM sticks and plug them in again.. try removing your Graphic card and then see what happens... may be your SMPS is not up to mark...

no it is not continuous beep ...it beeps only 3 times

and there is no dust in my PC as it was recently assembled 2 months back

@shantanu_webmaster ---- i plugged out my gfx card and used my onboard graphic ...now my system is workin fine....

is this bcos of SMPS problem(i am using local 500w SMPS right now)

sysfilez said:
IMO its a case of overheating. chek ur cpu temp.

i checked cpu temp ... it is 60 -65 degrees at full load

i think it is very high

Kiran_tech_mania said:
Boot with Windows Recovery CD and run the Repair option. Does your PC start in "safe mode"?

the PC doesnt even restart in safe mode it just freezes on first BIOS screen

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
i am now sure this is SMPS error... change your SMPS buddy!!! your problem wil fly away.. and

and is your BIOS AMI or AWARD... ???
if ami then check your RAM also.. coz in AMI , three beeps means: error in the first 64k of memory...

and IF AWARD then VIDEO ERROR... so may be your GRAPHIC card is gone , or its not getting adequate power supply...

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
shantanu_webmaster said:
i am now sure this is SMPS error... change your SMPS buddy!!! your problem wil fly away.. and

and is your BIOS AMI or AWARD... ???
if ami then check your RAM also.. coz in AMI , three beeps means: error in the first 64k of memory...

and IF AWARD then VIDEO ERROR... so may be your GRAPHIC card is gone , or its not getting adequate power supply...

thnx 4 reply ...i am havin award BIOS..... and graphic card is fine cause i tested it in other PC..it was workin.

which power supply shud i go for isn't 500 W(my current SMPS is 500w) sufficient??

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah its sufficient , but i think its only written 500W over it, go for a good SMPS, even a 450 watt will do.. but go for Zebronics or Cooler master , but not local.. even in local . oddesey and INTEX are also OK...

100% its EITHER RAM or SMPS problem...

how many ram chips you have which company

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
shantanu_webmaster said:
yeah its sufficient , but i think its only written 500W over it, go for a good SMPS, even a 450 watt will do.. but go for Zebronics or Cooler master , but not local.. even in local . oddesey and INTEX are also OK...

100% its EITHER RAM or SMPS problem...

how many ram chips you have which company

i am havin one RAM stick...it is Transcend ram

how much the zebronics or cooler master SMPS costs??

ok one more ques ...if my SMPS is havin problem why does the CPU cooling fan starts to rotate at very very high speed.

shantanu

Technomancer
buddy~ just bring one of your Friends SMPS if possible and then see what happens... and Zeb will cost you 2200 for 500watt and 450/- for 450watts...

also check your RAM.. and try re adjusting your CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom