Problem with my card

saiyaman

Journeyman
Hello guys, yesterday I was browsing with IE and Firefox open when suddenly my graphic card fan just increased to 100% and the screen went to no display. I had no idea what to do so I tried restarting but I never got a display when the PC booted. Once I managed to get it to the Windows "Start Normally" type screen but it went back to the same state again. I've been using the card for about 6 to 8 months now. I've mentioned my config below.

By the way, I connected my display to the onboard Motherboard graphics and everything's fine (I guess then the system is fine) so is my graphic card sort of gone?

Intel Core i5 2500K
Corsair 8 GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS P4-H67M PRO Motherboard
ASUS HD7970
Corsair TX850v2
Corsair 500R
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Try to log into the system in safe mode where Windows uses its own VGA drivers and verify if display is coming. If it is coming then uninstall the Catalyst Driver from Control Panel restart and install it freshly.

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
Try to log into the system in safe mode where Windows uses its own VGA drivers and verify if display is coming. If it is coming then uninstall the Catalyst Driver from Control Panel restart and install it freshly.

No display when booting the pc at all but the fan runs at 100 percent. I didnt even have a game running when this happened. I was browsing through ie and firefox.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello guys, yesterday I was browsing with IE and Firefox open when suddenly my graphic card fan just increased to 100% and the screen went to no display. I had no idea what to do so I tried restarting but I never got a display when the PC booted. Once I managed to get it to the Windows "Start Normally" type screen but it went back to the same state again. I've been using the card for about 6 to 8 months now. I've mentioned my config below.

By the way, I connected my display to the onboard Motherboard graphics and everything's fine (I guess then the system is fine) so is my graphic card sort of gone?

you have almost trouble shooted the issue and the answer is Yes though you can remove and remount the gfx card once more or test it on a friend's pc just to be sure.

Honeydew

Broken In
try oppening the graphics card from its current slot,and install it to another one,i faced similar problem with my card,found out the slot is damaged due to overvoltage...

Top Bottom