problem with lgcdrw

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
These days my lg cd-writer cannot detect any cds :cry: ...even when there is a cd/or no cd in the drive windows xp just opens the drive folder and shows nothing [in natural conditions it should have shown no-disk error when no cd and the files in the cd..when a valid cd was present]

also sometimes the cd writer cannot get detected at all.. which i think is due to the loose power connection to the drive which is a bit loose.

how to get rid of the above problems..plz help.
does it mean that my cdwriter is on its death-bed :cry:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
:arrow: Check ur power cable also if that doesnt help, try changing the IDE cable.
:arrow: Now for ur problem tat the Drive is not Detecting any Cds, it might be due to accumulation of dust on the Lens,get a Philips CD Lens Cleaner (approx. Rs.120/-) and try it out.
:?: How Old is ur Drive brother ?? If under warranty then giv it to the service center (after all the above troubleshooting has failed).

Cheers n e-peace...

phatratt

In the zone
1)change data cable and try on a alternate power cable
2.)also check that all th pins(power and data) on back of the writer are intact.
3)if u'r writer is old,then it has enter its saturation period,get a new one

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
abhishek_sharma said:
These days my lg cd-writer cannot detect any cds :cry: ...even when there is a cd/or no cd in the drive windows xp just opens the drive folder and shows nothing [in natural conditions it should have shown no-disk error when no cd and the files in the cd..when a valid cd was present]

also sometimes the cd writer cannot get detected at all.. which i think is due to the loose power connection to the drive which is a bit loose.

how to get rid of the above problems..plz help.
does it mean that my cdwriter is on its death-bed :cry:
Same problem did happen with my samsung Cd rom
It used to open cd tray ,worked fine, even is bios it was detected but in windows it was not reading.
Then i at my own risk OPENED CD ROM (literaly) then just cleaned it, it was having lot dust inside.
Then it started working ie started reading cds
before trying this stuff plz try using lens cleanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom