Problem with Folder Templates in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Hi.

When ever I copy images into a folder, Windows XP automatically customises it with Pictures Template in the common tasks bar. I have to manually customise it by clicking view > Customise this folder

The view> "customise this folder" option is available only for folders within Drives like D: Drive or E: Drive but it is not available for top level dirves like D, E, F drives so if I copy an image into D: drive, the windws will automatically convert it to "Photo Album (Best for Fewer files)"

I find this highly irritating because, even after deleting the image or moving it to another location the customisation remains. I have to manually reset it to "Documents (For any filetype)" option.

I want to disable this automatic customisation of folders. Can anybody suggest some method for the same ?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Simple!
Open a folder and customize it according to ur choice and then goto: Tools -> Folder Options and in second tab click on Apply all folders (or something like that) button, it'll confrim the action and accept it.
Thats it!

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
That method is possible if folders within drives are customised. It is not possible to customise top level drives like C, D, E, F etc on my system.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
But I think if u customize a folder within the drive and do what I suggested, it'll also customize the top level drives !

Status
Not open for further replies.