Problem with ESET Smart Security...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

I am using ESET Smart Security 3.0.621.0. The problem is that as soon as I connect my computer to the net, within a sec or two, ESET shows that all definitions are updated. How is this possible. I am sure that even to check weather or not all signatures are up to date, its going to take a few seconds, forget about updating it.

Is it that its giving me false update status. When I check "About" in help menu, where it shows the date of all kinds of definitions, it does show recent dates, but the time in which it updates doesnt settle in my mind.

Is there any other way to check weather or not the definitions are actually up to date.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
check the virus signature database with the one that is available on internet.
if it matches its updated, else not.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Pirated??
I also think that go4saket is using a pirated copy of NOD32 in his PC. :cool:

BTW, if you are using original copy of the software then try to manually update the copy for once. See whether the update works, or it gives some error regarding username and serial. If it gives the later then you are indeed using a pirated copy or your license is expired. Else everything is fine. ;)

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Well, discussion about Piracy isnt allowed here, so I wouldnt get into it... I hope that answers all questions... So all I want to discuss is if there is a way to check if the update is real or not...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Discussion about Piracy isn't allowed here.

But I'll tell you the technical theory of the NOD32 or ESS' crack. The crack which is used isn't actually making you download from Eset's server. You are downloading from another server which is owned by someone but it regularly makes available NOD32 update files. So, God knows whether he is giving you true updates or not. :D Hopefully, yes......:D

Most NOD32 cracks change the NOD32's default update servers.

Read this and quickly post whether you've read because I want to delete this as soon as possible.

And also, You cannot expect everything from a Pirated software.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom