Problem With Desktop Pc Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrmehta5

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sir,
I have following configuration of Desktop pc.
Processor - P - IV Intel
HDD 80 GB X2
RAM - 256
Recently, I started getting "IDE Driver loading error"
Please Change Slave IDE to master.System halt.
Some time it works normal,some time it gives above error,and
booting not possible.
During control +alter+ delete and restart "
F2" gives response all time,but F8 or F11,
come in lne rarely.
My computer repairer says your BIOS has been corrupted and need replacement.
Can you please advise me in the matter?
Regards,
N.R.Mehta

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Had you tempered with the hardware? Try to disconnect and then connect the IDE cable. If this does not help then I think you can't do anything else other than get the PC to your PC vendor.

OP
N

nrmehta5

The Message Comes Before Windows Loading And When This Message Is There Windows Neverr Gets Loaded.

Yes I Have Added One More Hdd

Had you tempered with the hardware? Try to disconnect and then connect the IDE cable. If this does not help then I think you can't do anything else other than get the PC to your PC vendor.
YES I HAVE ADDED ONE MORE HDD

Is this message shown by BIOS(before windows loads) or Windows(after it starts loading)?

IT IS BEFORE WINDOWS START. THE MESSAGE IS IN RED FONTS, IF IT IS THERE COMPUTER NEVER GETS STARTED.

SURPISINGLY SOME TIMES FOR SOME DAYS IT WORKS QUITE NORMAL WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.

Last edited:

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
This problem may be caused by loose/faulty cable. Please check if disconnecting+reconnecting cable helps; if not, change the cable and see the result; if still result is the same, only then restore/update the BIOS; and in case even that does not help, then get the hard drive to auth. service centre (assuming HDD under question is under warranty). BTW is it the newer drive which is having problem?

EDIT: For further assistance, also give details of motherboard + HDD (size, interface etc.)

OP
N

nrmehta5

This problem may be caused by loose/faulty cable. Please check if disconnecting+reconnecting cable helps; if not, change the cable and see the result; if still result is the same, only then restore/update the BIOS; and in case even that does not help, then get the hard drive to auth. service centre (assuming HDD under question is under warranty). BTW is it the newer drive which is having problem?

EDIT: For further assistance, also give details of motherboard + HDD (size, interface etc.)

DEAR ALL
I COULD RESOLVE PROBLEM AS FOLLOWS:-
1.TRIED ALL SUGGESTIONS GIVEN IN THIS FORUM.IT WAS NOT SUCCESS.
2.BIOS WAS UPGRADED,IT ALSO DID NOT WORKED.
3.LASTLY FOUND THAT THE CD DRIVE WAS CREATING THE PROBLEM,I HAVE CD WRITER AS WELL AS CD DRIVE,IT WAS NOT GETTING RECOGNISED HENCE IT WAS GIVING PROBLEM.
I REMOVED DRIVE CABLE AND IT HAS STARTED WORKING OK.
ALSO IT WAS SUGGESTED TO USE 80 COLUMN PRE-FAB CABLE FORM DRIVES TO MOTHERBOARD .I DONOT KNOW MUCH ABUT IT.
I CONVEY MY SINCERE THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE GIVE ME THEIR VALUABLE SUGGESTION.
THANKS AND BEST REGARDS,
N.R.MEHTA

chandal_keta

Broken In
umm try jumper setting too in hard disk..this should solve ur problem..and plz do post when ur problem solved...coz we will know how did u solve ur problem....and would be useful for us too...we are here to share the knowledge....

with love and care
chandal

nops i dnt think this will be the problem...coz most of the times i have seen whenever there is loose in cable connection between hard disk..u will get message something like NO DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK BOOT!!!

chandal

Last edited:
OP
N

nrmehta5

Dear All
I Could Resolve Problem As Follows:-
1.tried All Suggestions Given In This Forum.it Was Not Success.
2.bios Was Upgraded,it Also Did Not Worked.
3.lastly Found That The Cd Drive Was Creating The Problem,i Have Cd Writer As Well As Cd Drive,it Was Not Getting Recognised Hence It Was Giving Problem.
I Removed Drive Cable And It Has Started Working Ok.
Also It Was Suggested To Use 80 Column Pre-fab Cable Form Drives To Motherboard .i Donot Know Much Abut It.
I Convey My Sincere Thanks To All Who Have Give Me Their Valuable Suggestion.
Thanks And Best Regards,
N.r.mehta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom