Problem with a samsumg CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras

Broken In
I have a samsung 33X CD writer, and it opens at any time from start up of my PC, with out doing so. It reads any CD only after a few trials. When I put my CD in try, it tries to read but the drive openes, it is very irritative.
I know all of my frieds have the same problem those who have the SAMSUNG CD writer.
Is it a virus?, or a hardware problem?.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
its a samsung certified hardware problem lol ... samsung's optical drives are crap.

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Sorry with that dude . But as mohit said it's an in-house Samsung problem.Try replacing the drive if it's within warranty or better still go in for Sony.

Coz mainly Samsung s***s. :lol: :lol:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I've seen this happen with Philips CD drives too - its either a cable/connector problem or a sensor problem in the CD Drive.

Try changing the cable/connectors for the drive, and if that doesnt work, contact samsung. :)

D

Deleted member 5901

yeh its ur cable connectors and could b Ur lens ue dirty too !!!

Cheers !!!

Charley

Just Do It
The guy who posted the prob is an old member. There are many threads related to this problem and the recommendations also were provided by the members here.

I'd like to suggest him or anybody to check here on what the recommendations are before u make a purchase on any product

godsownman

Padawan
King_Niral said:
yeh its ur cable connectors and could b Ur lens ue dirty too !!!

Cheers !!!

No its none of the problems thats you mentioned.

I had a similar problem recently with my creative drive that was 5 years old and the technician said that the lens had lost its capcity to read.

It was not a tray problem.

It had the exact same problem that you are having with your drive.

Go in for a Sony throw that one out.

Regards

mohit

The Hardware Labs
godsownman said:
I had a similar problem recently with my creative HDD that was 5 years old and the technician said that the lens had lost its capcity to read.
Regards

where did u get a creative HDD and since when did hdd's start having lens ? i think u meant a creative otpical drive... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.