problem with 16GB Cruzer micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit330

Broken In
Hi all,
My 16 GB sandisk cruzer is having some issues. All the usb ports are working fine in my computer. Other pendrives with different makes are working fine. The problem is really weird actually. The PC is detecting the device when it plugs in. Autoplay feature will comes and we can explore the drive. After that, if we start any file operation (copying, deleting, etc) USB device not recognized error is popping up saying that device is malfunctioned. But the thing is, on same pc in linux OS, the pendrive is working fine. The issue is found on Windows 7. And inorder to check, i tried with my friend's cruzer (4GB), same problem was there. I just wanted to know what is the problem. I own a 4GB Kingston and 2GB Transcend. Both working fine on same usb ports. So no problem with the port. Now about 16GB cruzer, it is also not malfunctioned, as it is working fine with linux OS on the same port. I'm sending this mail right now just because, my linux partition, it is not there now. The only OS i have now is Windows 7. And many important files are there inside this 16GB cruzer. I tried operating the pendrive in safe mode also. Same problem is coming. Please help me.

Thanx in advance to all..

OP
rohit330

rohit330

Broken In
This was happened when i was using win xp.. ie, after installing sp3...but then i'd the linux os. So was ok. but now.. :(

I dont think it was related to OS.. Other pen drives are working fine ryt..

Thnx anyway..

giprabu

In the zone
This was happened when i was using win xp.. ie, after installing sp3...but then i'd the linux os. So was ok. but now.. :(

I dont think it was related to OS.. Other pen drives are working fine ryt..

Thnx anyway..

oh... then wait for the senior members to deal with it...:???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom