Problem reading DVDs written by SONY AW-G170A

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joy.das.jd

I am having a problem with SONY DRU AW-170A drive. I bought this drive about a month ago and it was working fine. But then suddenly one day it stopped reading DATA dvds that were created by this drive. CDs and data dvds work fine. Digit dvd also work fine.But some of the data DVD and all the dvds from it appear blank after the writing process is finished. Nero says Burning sucessful. I have tried burning them at very low speed [2X] but still nothing happens. However i am able to see and extract the files using ISOBUSTER. SO pls pls help me out.

I generally use POWERISO to burn dvds as I have problem writing dvds with NERO [both 6.X.X.X and 7.X.X.X both OEM versions and retail demo]
I read a few review here and found that this drive is a real sick drive. I have already tried to update the firmware but it is not listed on the sony's site. So my questions are

1.) Should i get the drive replaced? If so then which are the brands i should look for? If possible then pls also mention the model.

2.)Which is a good dvd writing software? Should i use nero or is there any other better alternative to it?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nero 7.x gives problems even for me plus its a big bloat. i was using nero 6.6 but now i've moved over to vista so even i'm in need for a good cd burning software.

try cdburnerxp, deepburner etc. tho they lack advanced features they are pretty much usable. u can only judge these kindsa software when u use them once.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have the exact same DVD drive and i have faced no problems what so ever after using it for 2 months.It seems u have harshly used the dvd drive anyways i also overclocked my GPU and got it replaced so u can also get it replaced.i suggest u should buy SONY drives directly from dealers.

OP
J

joy.das.jd

Ok a Reply to a topic so old...
Anyways i got the drive replaced for SONY DRU-G190A and thats a cool drive. Did not have any problem with the drive what so ever and i burn almost 20 DVDs every week (Dont ask what i burn on them;););)). And by the way i use DiscJuggler to write dvds and its a kewl software...

My advise to vvvaishakh get the drive replaced as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom