Problem! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthilrek

Broken In
I have a problem in browsing internet. That is some basic sites like yahoo, google, gmail etc., are not opening , automatically it goes to a search page menting the domain is available for sale. It happens in both IE and Opera. I thought software would have been installed and i found many search softwares installed unknowlingly. So i removed all of them but i still have the problem. i dont know what to do? Kindly adviceme

kl_ravi

Journeyman
I think your computer is infected with spywares and browser plug-ins. Download Spybot S&D to weed out all your problems... :D

*www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

[deXter]

Journeyman
The easiest solution? Dont use IE. Switch to Firefox or Opera today! :)

Download links in my signature..

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

technoteen

Journeyman
[deXter said:
]The easiest solution? Dont use IE. Switch to Firefox or Opera today! :)

Download links in my signature..

m8 he already said that he is using opera and geeting the same problem

it think you have spyware problem, use spybot or system mechanic

[deXter]

Journeyman
whoops! My mistake :)
---

senthilrek, please try CWShredder and see if that solves your problem.

Then check your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file. Open it in notepad. Ignoring the '#' lines, there should only be one like like this: 127.0.0.1 localhost. If there are additional lines, delete them and add this.

Now in both Opera and Ie, check your proxy server settings. Disable any proxy servers if used. In opera, Tools -> Quick Preferences-> Enable Proxy Servers (uncheck if checked).

If all that doesnt work, then you'll need to download Spybot Search and Destroy like everyone says. Install, update scan and destroy :)

ujjwal

Padawan
Could be the hosts file :) as DeXter says ... anyway on windows 98 the hosts file if present will be at C:\Windows and C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC for Win 2k ...

If nothing works post your HijackThis logfile - *www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

ironcross77

Broken In
Your comp is infected by spyware obviously.Use hijackThis and post the log here. Or better download and run Spy Doctor Trial

*www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I think your computer has a spy ware. Remove it using Ad-Aware. Mention the search site for further help.

OP
S

senthilrek

Broken In
Than for ur replies. I have mentioned whether some one posts some replies mail me to my gmail address. Since gmail wasnt working in my system i was not able to see ur messages. Ok today i have logged directlty to thindigit forum. i happy to see a lot advices. i will try them today and i will give the feedback tommrow. Sorry for keeping u people waiting.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom