Problem on Installing Antivirus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Cruge1

Broken In
I am having a problem for a long while and till today I could not fix that problem.
I am having windows XP SP 2. And when I format my computer with XP CD it is done with ease. And then I install my Driver from Motherboard’s CD. Up to this level it is quite ok, but the problem arises whenever I try to install my Antivirus Software. First of all it is installed normally, but when it prompts to restart the computer to complete the installation, the problems arises. I can not start my computer. Though I never use any password, yet this time the logon screen appears to be that I use password. And when I click on my account name it appears that “Windows is logging on”, though it does not ask for any password. Instantly after showing this message it again flashes another message “Window is logging off”. And it returns back to that logon screen again. And I can never start my computer until I format my computer again and do not install any Antivirus Software. I have tried with a variety of Antivirus Software but every time the problem is the same. Please help me. Suggest fixing the problem and also tell why such problem occurs…..

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Probably your rest of drive is infected
Try installing Avast Antivirus & then click yes wherever prompted :)
Hope this helps

afonofa

Journeyman
You can try installing the trial for ESET Nod32 Antivirus v3.0.650 and directly update and scan with it. It does not require a restart of your computer after installation. But you may have to restart your comp after uninstalling your current antivirus.

Note: The latest version of ESET Nod32 Antivirus is v3.0.667. But that version is not available as a trial download. The above link is for 32bit Windows Vista/XP/2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom