problem in "view" of "folder options"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mind021

Broken In
heloo frnds..
recently i had formatted my C:\
after dat because of viruses "microsoftpowerpoint.exe" n "autorun.inf" i kept my hidden folders showing(unhidden)...
but after i click "ok" ..d hidded folders do not show up..
n also d option in "view" remains "do not show hidden folders n files"
all my tries 2 change it 2 "show hiddedn files n folders" were in vain..

n i m still unable 2 c my hidden files n folders..
i need 2 show my hidden files n folders..plz tell me a method

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Your pc is still infected . Try it scanning with some good antivirus Kaspersky or NOD 32. Or try online scan from Kaspersky or Bitdefender

*www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

*www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
Remember the damn bitdefender online scan reuire Internet Explorer. Du no work on Firefox

OP
M

mind021

Broken In
thnx...

but i hv heard d updates of nod32 n kasperasky r not easily available..
c i dont hv net on my system...instead i use it in comp lab of schul..

kavran_b4u

Right off the assembly line
hi :) this is a simple problem !! my solution is not a permanent but it will show the hidden files and also hide them . . . your pc is still affected by malware. . . go to run box and type regedit . . registry opens and then go to current user -->software-->microsoft-->windows-->current version-->expolrer-->advanced. . . u will see a hidden named dword key in the right pane . .double click it and edit the value as 1 or 2. .
type 1 for show hidden files and export this key to any drive .
type 2 for do not show hidden files and export it.
so whenever u want to see hidden files just merge that registry key where u have saved . it will definitely solve ur problem.

OP
M

mind021

Broken In
hi :) this is a simple problem !! my solution is not a permanent but it will show the hidden files and also hide them . . . your pc is still affected by malware. . . go to run box and type regedit . . registry opens and then go to current user -->software-->microsoft-->windows-->current version-->expolrer-->advanced. . . u will see a hidden named dword key in the right pane . .double click it and edit the value as 1 or 2. .
type 1 for show hidden files and export this key to any drive .
type 2 for do not show hidden files and export it.
so whenever u want to see hidden files just merge that registry key where u have saved . it will definitely solve ur problem.

hey thanks buddy.

and also we can put any other num istead of 2 for hiding the things....but for showing surely we have to make it 1
it surely wroks....thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom