Prob with Spybot 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
i installed the softie couple of days ago & everytime i detect spyware in the startup , a pop up comes and says do u want to remember this decision, there is no option of always or deny change which i'd earlier in version 1.3. finally it doesnt remove the spyware cos of this and mentions registry change denied........

why is it so? whats the remedy?

:(

anomit

In the zone
achacko@dataone.in said:
finally it doesnt remove the spyware cos of this and mentions registry change denied........

It happens so because some of the essential programs related to them always reside in memory like svchost.exe. You wont be able to delete them even in Safe Mode.

Its better you click on the + symbol next to the entries detected and note down the Registry Keys. Then do a backup of the registry and delete the entries manually. In case of any problem you can revert back to the old settings. GOOD LUCK........

NikhilVerma

Padawan
achacko@dataone.in said:
i installed ...... and mentions registry change denied........

:(

It must ask you for starting on stratup.... It solves most of the spyware probems....

BTW what is the name of the spyware you are getting??

Coz CoolWebSearch is a nasty spyware which requires special tool to remove.
get it from here.

*software-files.download.com/sd/0sJ...22&siteId=4&edId=3&pid=10349879&psid=10301587

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
@Anomit - When I clean up the registry Spybot on the start up pops and says registry being changed and only an option for remember this decision. There isnt the allow or deny change option. When I close it above[x] it says registry change denied....

@Nikhil - It is always on the taskbar which is on the right hand bottom next to the clock...... Its mainly prob with the registry setings.

swatkat

Technomancer
Open SpyBot SnD, then go to Mode Menu, and click "Advanced". Then click "Tools" tab in the left pane. Here click "Resident" tool, and disable the "TeaTimer".
TeaTimer in SpyBot SnD 1.4 Version is quite buggy.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
swatkat said:
Open SpyBot SnD, then go to Mode Menu, and click "Advanced". Then click "Tools" tab in the left pane. Here click "Resident" tool, and disable the "TeaTimer".
TeaTimer in SpyBot SnD 1.4 Version is quite buggy.

If I do it, wont the protection reduce then ????

selva1966

Journeyman
Yes. I always have tea timer on and it has helped me with messages regarding registry changes - it is particularly useful when you install new software - you can accept or deny startup changes etc.,

BTW I have not upgraded to 1.4 because I have heard it is having some probleme.

Let them rectify it first then I will download :wink:

anandk

Distinguished Member
spybot 1.4 does have some bugs, say reports. as mentioned above, disable tea-timer for now, to solve your problems.
also schedule a boot-time scan for spybot ! :idea:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
anandk said:
spybot 1.4 does have some bugs, say reports. as mentioned above, disable tea-timer for now, to solve your problems.
also schedule a boot-time scan for spybot ! :idea:

" Boot time Scan "

:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom