Prince of persia : Sands of Time

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hey,

My friend has Prince of persia : Sands of Time installed on my PC and he has a problem with it ...

So i told him to come and clarify with the forum but the forum said " Registration is tem closed "

So i am posting instead of him ! :cool:

Details :

*img96.imageshack.us/img96/9050/unledwm.png

ERROR :

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/4938/unledeu.png

*img41.imageshack.us/img41/650/safeb.png

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
You need a GPU with HW T&L feature to play this game. Try update the gfx drivers and see if it helps.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
google it bro. BTW here for you.

HW T&L stands for Hardware Transform and Lighting. It is a graphics capability available on many of today's video graphics adapters. HW T&L essentially offloads some of the graphics processing from your computer's main CPU chip to the graphics adapter's chip, freeing up the CPU to process additional instructions, which makes programs execute faster.

This feature is probably not avail with your G31/33 on-board chipset, so the game is not starting. Since it's on board, updating drivers will fix these kinda issues and if it doesn't solve the issue, get a entry level GPU to play the game.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
google it bro. BTW here for you.

This feature is probably not avail with your G31/33 on-board chipset, so the game is not starting. Since it's on board, updating drivers will fix these kinda issues and if it doesn't solve the issue, get a entry level GPU to play the game.

THanks bro , So kind of you .. :grin:

But i'v e been searching for an update - Couldn't find one ....
Can u help me out ?

sumit05

In the zone
Dude, u can not play on intel onboard graphics, u need to have a graphics card i had the same problem.Buy a graphics card.

Alok

Adventurer
There was a time when i depent on onboard gpu and just dream to play one of my best game POP-SOT.
Same problem i had faced so buy a gpu not so precious any descent like 8400gs will flawlessly run it.

It costs about 1800INR.

Another thing buddy with onboad you can run Warrior Within but not sands of time

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^right, Sands of Time searches for a gfx card to launch. I played it with a 64MB RAMwala card.

It just needs a card, any card...

jsjs

Journeyman
Download "3d Analyzer" it will let you play SOT on your g31. Google for it, no link cause i'm using my phone to type all this

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guy :- how will you find a girl of your type ?
Geek :- i will ask her, are your parents SLIed gtx 480s cause you are so hot. If she smiles, woohoo i found my girl

:D Nice siggy

BTW 3D Analyzer is B$ cr@p. Just buy any entry level GPU and enjoy playing these games.

Alok

Adventurer
@furious_gamer you are right. It runs with my friends onboard with core2duo on it.
So new gen onboard can play it but still it runs with a warning and goes to safe mode.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I guess newer gen on-board gfx will play this game. Isn't it?

It is not the newer generation that matters. But the IGP itself. We just had to choose a good IGP.It ran quite well on a PC which I bought in 2005. Back then, I didn't had any GFX card, only IGP. I guess it was Radeon Xpress 200 which was boasted in my Intel D101GGC mobo. Lucky me.. the damn thing had Hardware T&L support. May of my buddy's IGPs failed to run this game. Most of them were Intel accelerators.

EDIT: Couple of my buddies had their luck with 3d Analyzer.

Alok

Adventurer
@vamsi well i haven't remember board but my friend has intel IGP. Thats done the job.
Again i have i3 with intel IGP . I unplugged my GFX and tried , it runs fine with my Intel IGP.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
All it needs to have is Transform & Lightning support by IGP's hardware. Not emulation by display drivers. Many IGPs back in 2004,2005 had that support. But only which were from ATI and Nvidia (I guess). Via, Intel IGPs didn't had T&L support back then. But, now.... almost all the IGPs have hardware T&L support. So, they are bound to run. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah right. Sands of time don't run until you have a GFX with HW T&L. When I didn't had graphics card WW ran but SOT didn't. It was kinda strange for me back then but then I found out that this game simply requires HW T&L.