Prince Of Persia.. Its coming. Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ive seen a few vids in college and also met one of the programmers in Ubisoft of PoP and lemme tell u its good. Sure during battles the rince turns cartoony. but hey, thats just a change they tried to bring bout. And ion this game the best thing is u get to explore ur environment a lot. And whats more, in case u make a mistimed jump somewhere and fall into a canyon or something then u dont die immediately and start the level from the beginning again. instead ur given another chance. Like, in case u fall u have an accomplice travelling with u(she's a magician,i forget her name) who saves from dying and puts u back where u fell from.

pardon the bad language.... i typed that while i was half asleep

Last edited:
Hey you guys can think whatever you want but remember POP 4 is gonna surprise you all big time. I am gonna but the original this time. ALL HAIL POP 4 X(

Any way the screen shots you'll are just not the final yet. The final versions graphics are gonna be real good for sure.

Last edited:

dead_eye

Broken In
hey ive seen a few vids in college and also met one of the programmers in Ubisoft of PoP and lemme tell u its good. Sure during battles the rince turns cartoony. but hey, thats just a change they tried to bring bout. And ion this game the best thing is u get to explore ur environment a lot. And whats more, in case u make a mistimed jump somewhere and fall into a canyon or something then u dont die immediately and start the level from the beginning again. instead ur given another chance. Like, in case u fall u have an accomplice travelling with u(she's a magician,i forget her name) who saves from dying and puts u back where u fell from.

heck what are you typing you really were half-asleep
ahem... 'that' feature to not play the whole level again instead just that fall is called the power of the sands of time .....ahem..........

and its far better than that elika thing

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Something new:-
Release date for POP as announced by Ubisoft-
USA-December 2
Europe-December 4
UK-December 5
Rest-Couldn't find but its gonna be late(I'm guessing)
Ubisoft is starting to imitate digit in terms of keeping up with dates(No offence meant whatsoever blah... blah...)
Even though it's got a potential for being declared a real flop, die-hard fans like me WILL give it a try.

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
System Reqirements:-

Besides having the obligatory Windows XP or Vista operating system, you will need to own a dual core processor, either a 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+. If you plan to use XP, you need just 1 GB of RAM while 2 GB are required when using Windows Vista. The video card you use needs 256 MB of video memory and comply with the requirements of DirectX 9.0 or 10.0, with processors like ATI Radeon X1600, 1650, 1950, HD 2000, 3000 or NVIDIA GeForce from the 6800/7/8/9 series. You can also choose to play Prince of Persia using an Xbox 360 controller on a PC.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
We can't say for sure without actually playing the game. It's like speculation which is bad for any game. The concept if drawn more on the lines of Ubisoft's earlier game XIII which was fun. They have put a totally new concept. I can buy the fact that graphics have changed but switching to a different storyline from scratch is a big gamble. The earlier series had a good continuity in them & so we expected POP 4 to be following the same lines. This is where Ubisoft is risking it all. A new story, a new Prince, Eilka, Assassins Creed engine etc. All this is a huge leap.

From the gameplay videos that I have seen it looks very promising. If we can look at it from a completely different point of view then perhaps we could appreciate the effort. It's not far from release so let's wait & hope for the best. :)

OP
Krazzy Warrior

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
Prince of Persia: The Warrior and the Alchemist

November 13, 2008 - The new Prince offers an open world to explore, a magic-wielding AI partner and intense one-on-one combat. For those who have played the previous Prince titles or anyone expecting an experience similar to Ubisoft Montreal's Assassin's Creed, you may be in for a bit of a shock. This isn't your daddy's Prince of Persia.

The world of Prince of Persia is divided into four regions, each of which is guarded by a boss. The various regions are then broken up into what could be called five different levels -- or areas that need to be healed of Corruption. At each level, you'll battle with the boss of the region, until you meet for a final confrontation. This is really unlike any game I've played before. I can't remember ever fighting a boss five times, much less having the freedom to choose when I would fight that boss each of those times.

Prince of Persia's open world element means that you are free to journey between the different regions, healing specific levels and moving on. You could focus on clearing out a whole region or work your way around the world, exploring at your whim and healing levels across the map. The choice is yours.

What's impressed me about Prince of Persia -- more than the slick platforming or challenging combat -- is that each region has its own look and back story. And each boss feels wholly unique and requires a different strategy to defeat.

In the City of Light, you battle against the Warrior. This massive boss appears to be made of stone and dwarfs the Prince and Elika. No matter what attack you throw at the Warrior, he can't be hurt. The Prince's powerful gauntlet can't launch the Warrior into the air (he's just too heavy), your sword bounces off his stone body, and Elika's magic has no effect. For each battle, you'll need to discover a way to hurt the Warrior. It may mean knocking him off a platform or trapping him so you can escape. It's only in the final battle, on the fifth level of the City of Light where you can actually do damage and finish the Warrior off for good.

But before you can reach this end conflict with the Warrior, you'll need to reach him. This is not an easy task. To get to the Warrior, you'll need to make use of Elika's dash magic. With this spell, the Prince quickly crawls along walls and ceilings. It's an on-rails sequence, where you must direct the Prince to dodge obstacles in his path. Having played about half of Prince of Persia at this point, the dash moments are my favorite.

*xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/929/929696/inline_pop2_1226618953.jpgWatch our video preview of Prince of Persia in HD.
In the final showdown, the Warrior has caught fire, weakening his protective skin (and creating a beautiful fire effect). But even in his vulnerable state, taking out the Warrior won't be easy. You'll have to contend with several quick time events or risk taking some serious damage from this brutal boss.

Another region, the Vale, perfectly illustrates the differences in Prince of Persia's locales. The City of Light is a region of crumbling stone. It's dark and foreboding, cold and lifeless. The Vale has some stunning vistas and is covered in a greenish haze. It has wood structures and massive, tethered balloons. The platforming elements are more straightforward than in the City of Light, but have some really great wall-running sequences. But the real difference can be seen in the boss battle.

The Alchemist is a disciple of the evil Ahriman who has discovered how to manipulate corruption. In battle, the Alchemist uses corruption against the Prince. Corruption borders the battle arenas, preventing the Prince from knocking the Alchemist over the edge. And should you knock the Alchemist into the corruption, he'll sink into it and then reappear behind the Prince. This forces the use of new strategies as you're at a severe disadvantage when the Alchemist appears at your backside. Those who never bothered to mix in acrobatics with their combat will suddenly find themselves hitting a new button. If you don't place yourself between the Alchemist and the Corruption (and continue to force him towards the center of the arena), you're in for trouble.

Prince of Persia has no upgrade system and your weapons never change. The only thing you bring with you to a battle with the Alchemist is your own skill. There is, however, dynamic diffulty in PoP, which changes based on your performance. If you keep getting your face stomped, then the difficulty scales back and the enemies become less aggressive. Start tearing through enemies and you'll find the AI blocking and countering more frequently. Since Prince of Persia is an open world where you can tackle levels in the order of your choosing, the dynamic difficulty should help scale the game so that it never becomes too easy.

Link:-*pc.ign.com/articles/930/930067p1.html

Check out this...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom