Priciest phone yet - Rs 54990

amjath

Human Spambot
Do u guys think Apple's iphone has insane price point. As Tim cook said its because of the middle men. What will you say about this phone priced at 54990 and selling at 52,428

HTC India finally seems to be ready to release its Butterfly S smartphone in the country. The smartphone today appeared at two Indian online retailers – Saholic and Infibeam (first spotted by Telecomgyaan), in turn revealing the expected pricing of the smartphone. Looks like, it is going to get a price-tag over INR 52,000.HTC Butterfly S India

*www.androidos.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/htc-butterfly-s-india.png

The product listing at Saholic shows the Butterfly S price as INR 52,248 and Infibeam as INR 54,990, however both sites show the box-price same as INR 60,300. As the difference between the two selling prices is over INR 2,000, the best buy price does not seem to final but the listings do suggest that it is going to be over INR 52,000.

Also, the company is yet to officially launch the smartphone in the Indian market, so we are taking this with a pinch of salt but given HTC’s past pricing record and depreciation in the value of rupee over the past few weeks, it is quite possible that HTC India is not going to disappoint us (pun intended).

The smartphone is expected to become available around September 9-10.

To remind you, HTC Butterfly S was originally announced back in June as an upgraded version of the company’s original 5-inch smartphone Butterfly. It packs 1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, 5-inch 1080p full HD display, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot. Butterfly S also packs a 3,200 mAh battery, 4MP Ultrapixel rear camera and 2.1MP front camera.

Update: Saholic has begun selling for the Black colour version of Butterfly S for INR 52,428.

HTC Butterfly S to be priced over INR 52,000 in India? (On sale for INR 52,428)

HTC is really insane in pricing

ankush28

Bazinga
but still it worth that money, htc :thumbup:

btw many costly phones are there by vertu which has 6 digit price ;)

Also this thread should be in tech news section

Last edited:
Why buy this at 53k when u can get S4 at 35k(18k cheaper) ?
18k is a good amount of money.
For those who want design get HTC One at 38k, simple......., (no SD card slot n a bit smaller screen though)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hmm
The biggest market for high end smartphones are not individual users, but carriers who buy these devices in bulk, and send monthly bills (ie contract). From the POV of the manufacturer, the actual customer is the carrier, not the end user.

This explains high cost of apple and htc, and the "middlemen" comment

In markets without this kind of model, the phones are insanely priced, but guess should be thankful that the models are available at all

And think asus padfone 2 was over 65k

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
HTC must have added 4GB RAM & 2.2 Ghz proccy then the 54k price is justified...
instead HTC One is good choice here

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
for the rich people.. nice phone.

one of my girl friends was chanting S4 S4.. but the moment she saw htc one in the shop.. she forgot that even s4 existed.. she got the one.. she could hv well purchased this phone..
she gets a salary of 1L plus, and singing bonus of 2L.. these days such high pay out of college.. can afford..!
most of the freshers that joined and started work, first thing they purchased was expensive smart phones.. all 30k ish and above..!

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Not the priciest phone. As someone said above, phones by Vertu cost lakhs of rupees!

those comes under luxury category

for the rich people.. nice phone.

one of my girl friends was chanting S4 S4.. but the moment she saw htc one in the shop.. she forgot that even s4 existed.. she got the one.. she could hv well purchased this phone..
she gets a salary of 1L plus, and singing bonus of 2L.. these days such high pay out of college.. can afford..!
most of the freshers that joined and started work, first thing they purchased was expensive smart phones.. all 30k ish and above..!

u got gfs [plural] one of ur gf is earning 1L+ wow. Very curious what she doing :p

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Amazon started as fresher.. and of course not a omg i am soo in love with you will you marry me.. just there.. that's it.
what i am saying is.. 40k is not much for a phone. people will spend.. 55k i am doubtful... but yeah will sell for sure..
and most people who start working.. get expensive phone.. in IT industry

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
My friends brother has many phones, he changed a phone for 3 months once reason he didn't like it. He is in college right now and looking to buy macbook. His expenses are all from his dad. Imo people like him will get it.

Top Bottom