price for used 40/80gb ps3

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well i just want ps3 to play exclusive games . At What price should i buy the old ps3 model ( 4o/80/120 gb) .

Is there any disadvantage of buying an old model of ps3 ??

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Well i just want ps3 to play exclusive games . At What price should i buy the old ps3 model ( 4o/80/120 gb) .

Is there any disadvantage of buying an old model of ps3 ??

*Yellow Light Of Death-a little yellow light blinks on your ps3 signalling some random hardware failure

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Afaik even fat ps3's were very reliable and had a minimal failure rate. That YLOD is far fewer and has least occurrences than xbox 360's RROD.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
From what i have heard , the only problem of phat ps3 is high power consumption

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Get a 120GB PS3 slim for about 15,000 ...

Dude i just wanna play few exclusive game like GOW and uncharted series and thats all ! no movies no online nothing ! .Because i am assembling a gaming pc , thats why i m looking for used one to fulful my need.

Sarath

iDota
The problem with such an old PS3 will be dust accumulation leading to YLOD. YLOD is very rare in PS3s.

They sell for around >8k. Sometimes 10-11k too.

I would still suggest going for a new PS3 or rather a used slim model.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
LOok like i dont have a choice , will go for a slim one , but it would still be better if i get a used one .

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
seriously why are you buying an old ps3? its not worth it if you are assembling a gaming computer. The ps3 is on the end of its life cycle and we will be getting the ps4 most probably next year. Its much better to invest the money in your gaming rig and make it more future proof.

and believe me that the exclusives only last for *HOURS* and nothing more than that.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
seriously why are you buying an old ps3? its not worth it if you are assembling a gaming computer. The ps3 is on the end of its life cycle and we will be getting the ps4 most probably next year. Its much better to invest the money in your gaming rig and make it more future proof.

and believe me that the exclusives only last for *HOURS* and nothing more than that.

agreed with you . Will buy ps4 when its come out !!!:-D

Sarath

iDota
I would suggest you go for a 11k used PS3 slim now, rather than wait for a 30k or 40k PS4 console next year. Plus having to put 3k for each new game since it is so new to the market.

This is actually the best time to buy a PS3. The console is cheap, it's power consumption is all time low and the biggest benefit, all the AAA titles are in platinum and used games are even cheaper. There couldn't have been a better time to buy a PS3.

Trust me, I got my PS2 when the PS3 released. PS2 was around 8k then and the PS3, well, 40k. It is not easy to buy a console at launch. Plus the games are super expensive. Hence I suggest you get a PS3 now, which will serve you for 2-3years well.

You can buy a PS4, like most of our Indian brothers will, i.e. mid cycle when the bugs have been ironed out and many AAA titles release.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest you go for a 11k used PS3 slim now, rather than wait for a 30k or 40k PS4 console next year. Plus having to put 3k for each new game since it is so new to the market.

This is actually the best time to buy a PS3. The console is cheap, it's power consumption is all time low and the biggest benefit, all the AAA titles are in platinum and used games are even cheaper. There couldn't have been a better time to buy a PS3.

Trust me, I got my PS2 when the PS3 released. PS2 was around 8k then and the PS3, well, 40k. It is not easy to buy a console at launch. Plus the games are super expensive. Hence I suggest you get a PS3 now, which will serve you for 2-3years well.

You can buy a PS4, like most of our Indian brothers will, i.e. mid cycle when the bugs have been ironed out and many AAA titles release.

Thanks for the head up . And beside i purchased my first ps2 on 2010 and was happy with it . So purchasing ps3 now is not a big deal . And i also have a gaming pc to satisfy my future need . Will purchase it as soon as i find a good deal . :cool:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^
Yup.
Sarath is right.
This the right time to get a PS3.
Costs is comparatively low and more importantly there are hundreds of AAA and AA titles available for it and they are not going to vanish even after launch of PS4.

A Avg Gaming Rig will last only a few months if meant for Handling Games at Max Settings and hence it is not so called futureproof.

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^^
Yup.
Sarath is right.
This the right time to get a PS3.
Costs is comparatively low and more importantly there are hundreds of AAA and AA titles available for it and they are not going to vanish even after launch of PS4.

A Avg Gaming Rig will last only a few months if meant for Handling Games at Max Settings and hence it is not so called futureproof.

I agree with you . Anyone who find a sweet deal for a slim ps3 , dont hesitate to inform me :-D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ There are speculations that sony might announce some more price drops for ps3 this E3 in june. So you might get a new one less than 15k if you can wait for a couple of months. :)

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
^^ There are speculations that sony might announce some more price drops for ps3 this E3 in june. So you might get a new one less than 15k if you can wait for a couple of months. :)

that would be awsome :-D

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well if he adds the money planning he is planning to spend on his rig he might as well get a gtx680 ... which i think can pretty much run anything at full hd resolutions for 2~3 years.

@OP get your priority right. Why do you want a ps3? to play exclusives? Yes the single player will only last for *HOURS* . If you are ready to pay that much then you should look for a old ps3 which can be had for about 11~10k + used AAA titles.

Each AAA titles for the ps3 will last for 10~15 hours

And the ps3 multiplayer is good infact better than on the pc for some games, but not for every game.

And nothing beats a keyboard and mouse for fps. !

OP
iittopper

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well if he adds the money planning he is planning to spend on his rig he might as well get a gtx680 ... which i think can pretty much run anything at full hd resolutions for 2~3 years.

@OP get your priority right. Why do you want a ps3? to play exclusives? Yes the single player will only last for *HOURS* . If you are ready to pay that much then you should look for a old ps3 which can be had for about 11~10k + used AAA titles.

Each AAA titles for the ps3 will last for 10~15 hours

And the ps3 multiplayer is good infact better than on the pc for some games, but not for every game.

And nothing beats a keyboard and mouse for fps. !

Actually dude my priority was always having a ps3 over pc . But to hear the news , that ps3 time has come to end and ps4 coming to 2013-14 , feels like i am a bit late . Will think about it more , and will only buy it if i really get a sweat deal :|

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
The thing is that if you invest the same money in a computer if you can manage a gtx 680 then there is nothing like it. And leaving some of the games on the ps3 most of them are on the pc as well. So it doesnt really make sense unless you are a big fan of that particular franchise.

like i had the ps1, then ps2, psp , now ps3 and i am a very big fan of gran turismo and now uncharted so it was absolutely essential for me to buy a ps3. But thats me .

And now i plan to keep my ps3 and invest 60~75k in a laptop or a gaming computer in another 6 months or so.