[Preview + Feedback] November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Very Good Digit.

This time i liked your magazine. The design too was kind of zaggy and lively. But i felt it was a touch thinner than normal issues.

Good work and keep it up.

toofan

Technomancer
Very Good Digit.

This time i liked your magazine. The design too was kind of zaggy and lively. But i felt it was a touch thinner than normal issues.

Good work and keep it up.

No the page count is almost same as others its 128 pages. But this time they have used the thin paper. Which a good thing, it reduces the size/weight and also can help them to maintain the price at 125 mark.

This time the mag. was in new packaging.I liked your new packaging also. It certainly reduced the weight of it. Although I had to buy a separate CD bag for digit CD. Which I don't mind as its easy to store them.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The mag is fantabulous. The articles are full of Hardware tests.... yipee!! CPU test, mobo test, grafix card test, Nehalem test, cabby and PSU buying guide.... :D

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^But only basics are there, which would be useful for only a few. Looking forward to get Fastrack C++ Advanced soon from DIGIT.

toofan

Technomancer
Why don't they declare the year 2009 as a programming year. Two issues for each famous language. this month c++ basic, next month C++ advance.
then java/java advance and so on. Really by the end of 2009 we would be having a good collection of programming books.
Just give it a thought.

AdityaHeaton

Right off the assembly line
Last two months mags were fabulous the content reviews etc. Everything was good. If you guys continue like this you can certainly make Digit better than no1 comp mag in India ie the older Digit. Also this month delivery service was also good since the last 2 years from when i had my subscription this is the first time that the mag was at my doorstep before the 8th of the month. Keep up the good work guys

aaaawwwwwwwwssssssoooomme!
beautiful fast track.
i am definitely going to get this.
anyone received it in mail yet ?
I am planning to sneak the fast track off my skool library :twisted:

I bought the mag yesterday night.

All the articles were very good and useful, but there was no "star attraction" in the magazine. The DVD contents were all cool, but nothing extraordinary (and you still didn't give urban terror 4.1 or OpenOffice 3.0)..

What was the one thing that made this different was the fast track, a very useful and well written one too. I value the fast track itself at Rs. 60, out of the total Rs. 125. And considering that the mag had several good reviews, although I still don't understand why you prefer the more expensive 9800GTX to the cheaper better performing HD4850, I think Rs. 65 for the MAG and DVDs were not bad at all.

Hopefully next month will be a big hit and I will have enough cash in my wallet to get the year end issue with bonuses like a movie which is not old.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'm reading the reviews about d fantastic (as a few already rated it) mag, but could not get my hand on it. AS I'VE NOT YET RECEIVED MY COPY.:mad:

sarosh

Journeyman
I hate to keep complaining month after month after month, but I am Seriously loosing my patience.
November seems to be yet another month in which I will have to wait and struggle and write bunch of emails before I receive my copy.
I received my October issue on the 30th of October, despite repeated promises from the distribution team that 'YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR COPY WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS'.

First there was faulty cds/dvds, which I could tolerate, then there was awful, inappropriate language and grammar which I would never expect from this magazine, and now I am not even getting my copies on time and I think if I get the feeling that if I don't report here or by email you guys at distribution will just assume that I have received my copy on time.

I know the guys are working hard at digit so I really hate to complain and also man other users get their copies on time without any problems.
But for me, ever since their merger/take-over/buy out by 9dot9 I have been receiving faulty cds/dvds, unreadable, unacceptable grammatically incorrect language, and now I have simply stopped receiving my magazine at all.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Are yaar, its half of the month, not yet received my coppy.
U guys provide excuse that for remote places u have distribution problem.

I AM FROM THANE, Mumbai.......................Thane bhi unreachable hai kaya???:mad::confused::evil:

sarosh

Journeyman
Actually I made a mistake, I received my November Issue on time, but I didn't receive my October issue at all.

goel.suraj

Broken In
Digit is really on right track :!:

I am regular of the Digit since 2004 the digit not mating the customer expectation in this year. Digit is actually practice to the tech geek first choice & it also a best magazine in the technology but at this time making money otherwise to innovation and reduce heritage Goodwill in the Technology peak. But the expectation had not fulfilled by the Digit. At this time new firm which acquire digit making profit rather than enhance the knowledge and extra gain from other magazine? There are some important facts cast a glance I am mentioned some acknowledgment facts after seeing in the full year magazine of 2008 and CD&DVD are:mad::

1. There is only one special edition in the last year. But this year really pay more money pay to the digit. Can you explain why the 4 Special Edition in this year? This is only used as the profit making because the magazine nothing got special at all until Pay Rs.200 is such really high price.

2. Poor Packing of the August and November Issue. I would like to CD & DVD is not working properly and got scratch in the polythene. The CD case is really protective from damage and good collection for customer except the loose packing. The old packing is really good.

3. After the anniversary edition most digit customer expected that the next issue comes with 2 Dual-layer DVD. But its really not fulfill the expectation at least the one Single-layer DVD and one Dual-layer DVD. The new year really hopeful do in this matter.

4. Why you stop the "Take a Crack"? This is the blood of the magazine and started from 2004. The magazine not for only students But the professional is also read. Would you maintain the boundaries and some latest tech?

5. Repeating Many times of previous year Magazine & fast track in the pdf format.

6. DVD & CD contents also less day by day software criteria and many software are missing ;freeware are not give the new software & essentional.

7. Reduce the pages in this year magazines and increase ads or advertisements.

I expected that Digit take some necessary changes in the for maintaining India No. 1 Top magazine. Any responses send on may goel.suraj@live.com

Last edited:
the fast track was really good. But i didn't like the magazine at all. Now helpful info. Just loved the article "Don't touch my desktop". Here digit is talking some scene to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom