Preview + Feedback [June 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
DIY was absolutely marvelous, I actually scared the hell out of my friend when I used the pc control via Bluetooth trick when he thought that someone has hacked into his system and started pulling out the network wires and all and it's still happening LOL..

He was wondering how the hell it is happening, not realizing that Bluetooth is still on :lol:

thx Digit, outstanding issue..

With a laptop(with bluetooth) and Sony Ericsson phone, I've been doing that since 2 and half years.. And without any extra software..

indi.anupam

Broken In
Re: Preview + Feedback [June 2010] - Disappointed

I finally got my copy 2 days back but not much impressed with it (even if its the 9th anniversary) :-(

I have been Digit subscriber for almost 5 years now but in the last 1 yr or so feel that the magazine quality has actually gone down...
Earlier scenario: I usually get to read it for around an hour or so in the night & that way used to find the whole month not sufficient to complete the magazine cover to cover, as most (if not all) articles used to be very interesting.
Current scenario: I'm done with the entire magazine in 2 to max 5 days -- though its mostly a quickly glance, I do read some of the articles full.. But still the content is very light or generic and not awe-inspiring.. Not as good as how it was earlier.

The feedback printed on the magazine is also usually the most positive ones -- raising a doubt whether Digit is sidelining the other type of comments completely & getting a bit complacent.

I don't believe recent focus on Social Networking & Open Source can bring this difference... Would like Digit to review this and do the needful, so that subscriber interest is retained.

Even the product comparisons of late seem not to include the best and usual reasoning given is that comparison include all models made available by respective manufacturer within the time period. If the models being made available are really small in number, are the manufacturers not seeing the value in Digit's comparison? Are they not feeling compelled to feature in Digit? Shouldn't Digit think about how to makes its value proposition more compelling so that unbiased & proper comparison highlights the best (across different categories) in the market -- so that the manufacturer's target customer group gets to know their product is the best for their group category?

Its definitely time for Digit to look within as well as outside and innovate itself to remain the best in business.

I totally agree with you here on the previous scenario/current scenario thing, even I wrote them about it sometime ago but like you said [raising a doubt whether Digit is sidelining the other type of comments completely & getting a bit complacent] it never been even answered or so.

I expect more of the techie stuff more related to programming and latest computer hardware, but mostely it ends up with comparing TV, cellphones etc.. or very high end/costly gizmos which are really of no interest to me and I think to 70-80% of the subscribers in that respect.

Digit should rethink about the usefulness of the content they are providing for sure!!

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

With a laptop(with bluetooth) and Sony Ericsson phone, I've been doing that since 2 and half years.. And without any extra software..

Haha Sumeet, anyway that was a lot of fun!!

avinashkumar79

Right off the assembly line
I recieved my subscribers copy on 19th and before that I got no reply from help@thinkdigit.com even after I sent them 2-3 emails.

NOw regarding the content, I still feel like nothing great while reading the magzine. Not even tempted to read even a single article to full.

still to check the assured gift code. will update about it later.

The steps to access your course are mentioned below:

1) Please open the website: www.training.com
2) If you are already registered with training.com, please go directly to Step 4, else go to Step 3
3) Click ‘Register ‘on the top right hand side corner on the home page.
4) Login (using your registration details: email ID and password) and go to Home à Message Center
5) Enter the access code given in this mail
6) You will immediately receive a mail, confirming course activation
7) To go through the course after activation, please follow the steps mentioned in the ‘course activation’ mail

this was the mail send by training.com four days back, yet not received any confirmation mail from them............

has any one got any info on it..........

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
if there is an "I" in the code make it "one" or vice versa. If there are two "I"s then be sure make 1st one "one" and second one "I". Or vice versa. Reply me for any doubts and tell if this works? I was also confused with this because the font used is an ariel narrow one try using the code in ms word and check the shape of letters properly. Do reply if it works anyway ;-)

mentos खा aur dimag ki batti जला

I tried but it didn't worked... I am still waiting to get a response from Digit Helpdesk

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello friends, on the 9th i had received my June 2010 issue damaged & hence contacted the Digit Customer Care on one of their helpline numbers (02240789612). after reporting my problem, "the Helpline Lady" told me that an apt replacement will be sent.

i contacted the customer care again & "the Helpline Lady" informed me that my replacement was sent on the 10th of June but as of today i have not yet received it :sad: & what is making me all jittery is that no one is answering the helpline numbers (02240789612/13/14). i have been trying since yesterday but all in futility.:-(

i had also sent an e-mail to the Editor & the Customer Care but no reply except for the one from the Customer Care which says "thank you for... we will take note of your problem/issue..." (these are perhaps not the exact words of the response e-mail, but i am much too frustrated now..please bear with me :sad: )

Please friends, tell me what do i do next?
have the helpline numbers changed or are they malfunctioning?

Awaiting your replies.

EDIT :
Friends i have been trying all day to call the customer care, but no luck. before posting this edit, i did try again but now all the 3 helpline numbers are coming as engaged (the engaged dial tone).

i desperately need assistance, please my friends.
Do reply..

Last edited:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Maybe i am a tiny little novice in front of you guys who knows nothing (or even better) who cant able to solve others problems . But instead Mr. Raabo scholar boy, I have that sincereness to help those guys who needs it. i suppose Revolution have posted here more than 3 times this query but no help regarding this was given I just lend my helping hand and a sound thrashing is given to me about mastering dvds.:-(
and Maybe you guys should help him rather than saying these stuffs to me.
I know you would be a great problem solver/teacher to him

and digit dvds just works FINE that they dont work on some computers.

Extremely apologising for helping him i wont do it next time Mr. Moderator.
And oh... scholar cdfs = iso something something something ?? This would remind me every time i will keep that disc in the tray and press the button. Mmmmmm.... Keep it up great going. :):-D. Dont take it close to your mind be cool. I didn't meant that digit guys dont work properly on cds i was trying to say that the format used ie UDF doesnt works fine on many old computers incl. Mine hope u understand this properly

I think I've posted quite often exactly what people should do when DVDs don't work. If there is no response in 3 working days, please write to me at editor @ thinkdigit . com, and I'll look into the matter. you have a right to get a working DVD if the one we supplied didn't work.

What's with your attitude dead.night7? I just pointed out that you were making a very wrong comment by suggesting other mags make their DVDs properly, but Digit makes their DVDs "in a hurry, ie. random write process".

ankushkool

Youngling
@raaabo... you guys are doing a great job, just ignore people who have nothing better to do then blabber nonsense :) dont understand why you even replying to him! one more thing, can i buy de digit DVDs seperately?

cheers!

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends..i am off to the airport in another half an hour's time, so i thought of posting.

are the concerned Admins & Mods upset/annoyed/disappointed with me? perhaps for some naive folly that i am unaware of? if so, then i humbly apologise to all. unfortunately, i am a novice.:sad:

the reason why i am quite perplexed is because there has been no reply to my post on the previous page regarding the non-delivery of the replacement of my June issue & the problem i am facing in getting through to the helpline numbers.:sad:

Friends, i am very disturbed because it is almost the end of the month & i still don't have my anniversary special in my hands.:sad:

i plead to the concerned authority(ies) to please take stock of my problem.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
are the concerned Admins & Mods upset/annoyed/disappointed with me? perhaps for some naive folly that i am unaware of? if so, then i humbly apologise to all. unfortunately, i am a novice.

the reason why i am quite perplexed is because there has been no reply to my post on the previous page regarding the non-delivery of the replacement of my June issue & the problem i am facing in getting through to the helpline numbers.
I seriously doubt anyone is disappointed with you in any way . However do check this out.

I think I've posted quite often exactly what people should do when DVDs don't work. If there is no response in 3 working days, please write to me at editor @ thinkdigit . com, and I'll look into the matter. you have a right to get a working DVD if the one we supplied didn't work.
Maybe you should send a PM to Raaabo and he can help you out with the problem :) .

insaneYLN

In the zone
Friends, i am such a naive stupid fool:duh2:

i got through to the customer care & the kind & very patient "Helpline Lady" informed me the reason why the telephone lines were not functioning was because they were (& still are) shifting to another building.;-)

Perhaps one important thing that i failed to mention or report here was that i received only the DVDs as replacement while the Magazine never came.
After explaining everything to the "Helpline Lady", the problem has been sorted out & she assured me that the replacement magazine will be dispatched by today evening.:razz:

i apologise to the community & Sir Raabo (sorry for the nagging PMs Sir) for perhaps "whining" & "complaining" like stupid 8 year old :-(

i thank the community for bearing with a naive noob like me.
My word of praise also goes to the "Helpline Lady", i thank her as well for being genuinely kind & honestly patient with a foolish subscriber that i am.

pushpipsu

Broken In
I registered for assured gift and lucky draw using the code at the back of DIY ft using both the methods ( through internet thinkdigit.com/getlucky and through mobile sms) on 8th june 2010.
I again registered my code using sms after 5 days of not receiving assured gift information.
Now again i registered my code using internet today.

But no success till now. No email from digit regarding assured gift, till yet.

What should i do?

hurricane25

Broken In
I registered the code on 8th June too, but no response so far.

Any admins monitoring this?

Guys, should we start a separate thread for this...

insaneYLN

In the zone
There is an assured gift..??:shock:

Please tell me how do i get my free gift?:?:

EDIT :
what is the link to register the 9 digit code to avail my assured gift?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ do what FilledVoid has suggested.

I once got mine replacement DVD on Frb 2009 by doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom