[Preview + Feedback] Digit November 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What's the use of a paid office suite when it has only a word processor and a spreadsheet creator? Open office is much better than that no name ashampoo office.

2. The burning studio on the other hand, shows some promise

3. thanks for SuSE 10.3, because if you had given Ubuntu 7.10, I would have killed myself, seeing I finished downloading ubuntu DVD EDITION 40 minutes back after a few sleepless nights(BSNL 500 scheme - 2am to 8am unlimited download @ 2mbps)

4. Will I have to wait till next month(or year) for The Visual Studio Express Edition 2005 CD with offitial artwork?(or atleast an ISO with a PNG image - I love artworks)

5. Talking about artworks, I would really appretiate it if you took my suggestion and gave the Disc artwork for the big software you provide, like paid stuff, distros, open office, visual studio, etc. Ones with lightscribe can burn the pics onto the disc, and the rest can take printouts and stick 'em up the old fashioned way.

6. so you listened to me and gave PyPE. Nice. but where is Anjuta IDE and Dev CPP?

7. hey FatBeing, are everyone at team digit lovers of soft stuff? I want to see some heavy music:mad:

8. nice articles

9. FastTrack is a bucket of Snake Oil... No Use:(

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Nice contents for mag and discs. But why
1. Ashampoo (I would rather prefer a shampoo - Hair Care)
2. No good games. (Atleast you could have provided Ragnarok)

Really nice fast track title. It can busy me for a few hours at a stretch.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
thx for the open suse 10.3 one good gift for this diwali season hoping that next month gift would be fedora 8

thx looks overall a nice issue..........

blackpearl

The Devil
When you give Linux distros please include necessary files from the repositories like codecs, Java etc. It's a pain to download them all. Do a yum/apt-get and then copy all the files from the repository folder, zip them and include them on the DVD. It's a request.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
utsav said:
^^^u got the mag 1 day before:shock:

I used to get it in Delhi on the last day of previous month sometime back. So I got Nov mag on Oct 30 or Oct 31. From Feb this year however, the mag is available on 4th to 5th.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
blackpearl said:
When you give Linux distros please include necessary files from the repositories like codecs, Java etc. It's a pain to download them all. Do a yum/apt-get and then copy all the files from the repository folder, zip them and include them on the DVD. It's a request.

+1 also include popular Drivers of gfx

rajasekharan

Youngling
dvd contents are good....:)
mag sucks....:(

i especially liked the inclusion of nero, parallax, vegas ...:), well , since i already have them...i will give this months mag a miss as i did for the last month.

anilm001

Right off the assembly line
The OpenSUSE DVD contained a lot of unchecked Dependicies making it an Absolute Disaster from the Digit Team. I wanna replacement folks @ Digit !!!

Please make sure that everything works before buring it, and plz if u can burn it on a normal 4.3 Gig DVD instead of pushing everything into one, there by causing for a lot of files to be either corrupt or missing :(.

Please send me a replacement.

My e-mail is anilm001@gmail.com.

Thanks

Anil

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Is it ok to compare digit content with the competitiors content on this forum or is it not allowed? [I can use Mag X and Mag Y instead of real names if needed.]

utsav

damn busy...
i think its ok to use the competitor mags names in this forum as any comparison u do will help digit to improve.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
This is absolutely ridiculous:Fast track to Computing???? You couldnt get worse than that!!!
We want someting more helpful like FT to Web Design or Linux or Office, someting that will increase our productivity and be helpful... why do you want to tell us about what happened earlier?????
We want to know the present.. we want to learn someting useful this diwali....
Hope you get what I mean....

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Drooling Contents.. Will get my copy today...
OMG its 11:30.
BookStore will close at 12:00. Gotta rush... Bye.

╬Switch╬ said:
This is absolutely ridiculous:Fast track to Computing???? You couldnt get worse than that!!!
We want someting more helpful like FT to Web Design or Linux or Office, someting that will increase our productivity and be helpful... why do you want to tell us about what happened earlier?????
We want to know the present.. we want to learn someting useful this diwali....
Hope you get what I mean....

Studying the past is essaintial for getting ahead in future.
Imagine what you feel when you don't even know your past.

I am welcoming the Fast Track. Tutorials I can get from web, I will sure want to see what this Fast Track holds for me. It must be a fun read.

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
i got the mag today and one strange thing happened.

when i opened the seal of the package and took the mag out of it a cd fell from inside the mag.i found its the november 2007 cd.i then opened the cd case and found a dvd and another cd in there.:razz: i got two cds and a dvd. whatta fun :D :D .

but how came the cd in the mag......................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom