[Preview + Feedback] Digit December 2007 Special Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
arunks said:
it is of £ 3.50 per dvd

*shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=117&osCsid=4bed7710bca618e1641bac4413434591

Ubuntu is free to everyone and Digit is providing DVD of that. What Canonical charges is for delivery and Media cost if you order a DVD or CD from them, that is.

Whoa! Virtually Every Antivirus, AntiSpyware, Drivers etc. DVD contents are quiet good though low on developer tools. VS 2008 Express Edition Final All in One DVD would have been of much more use. Anyways, Great content in both DVD and Mag.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
s3Prosavage said:
does that excel file has all the dvd contents listed??????.....m nt able to c n e thing after ESSENTIALS.......
All things are listed currently & is readable
though i have seen the file in open office;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The first time i opened the excel file in Openoffice it crashed.I read it after recovering it.
Good DVD content.
Just pop the DVD after fresh install & start installing.
All softwares in one place.
Thanks Digit. :)

You impressed even MetalheadGautham, with a metal brain and lead heart who understands no human emotions at all.... concider yourself lucky:cool:

Questions:

how thick are the mags?
are the discs in boxes(cases)?
who sells you DL DVDs in India? Can I have some?:D
is that ubuntu the offitial edition or a customised one as asked for?
why only one distro and no dedicated linux DVD?:mad:
why don't the magazines have good looking covers?:x

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
MetalheadGautham said:
You impressed even MetalheadGautham, with a metal brain and lead heart who understands no human emotions at all.... concider yourself lucky:cool:

Questions:

how thick are the mags?
are the discs in boxes(cases)?
who sells you DL DVDs in India? Can I have some?:D
is that ubuntu the offitial edition or a customised one as asked for?
why only one distro and no dedicated linux DVD?:mad:
why don't the magazines have good looking covers?:x
1. 40 Pages each
2. No. Pouches.
3. I don't know, actually. All I do is scream, "I need DVDs!" and I get them.
4. The official edition. Even if we were to customise it, you'd end up with the same software, plus Opera.
5. Because.
6. It's a subjective matter. Some like it. You don't. I forgive you.

FatBeing said:
1. 40 Pages each
2. No. Pouches.
4. The official edition. Even if we were to customise it, you'd end up with the same software, plus Opera.
5. Because.
1. sweet
2. will do
3. thanks for the help:rolleyes: "I NEED DVDs"
4. atlease you could have added some good themes and codecs, mplayer, xine, java, flash player, etc(and opera)
5. samajh gaya:(
6. all past issues showed celebs, these show cartoons:confused: you could have asked john abraham to pose with a joy for gaming... or sharukh with an N97, iPod for entertainment... dhoni with electronic gloves for personal tech... aishwarya rai with a asus lambourghini for computing... you get my idea...

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
This is not a too much impressive content.what about the 3 movies.i can just hope that they are not black and white. Who will really listen those free music. The only good thing is Ubuntu DVD. N Mags.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
FatBeing said:
1. 40 Pages each
2. No. Pouches.
5. Because.

1. Of which how many pages are ads?
2. Phew, looks like I would have to search the box or plastic pouch pouch or something myself:(
3. Screaming did not work for me:( (so I towed my sorry ass to the shop to get discs)
4. You mean that it can play non open codeced stuff directly, like mp3s.
5. Agree
6. I like the covers.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Didn't read that XLS file of contents of December Mag, but the movies sucked though, never really heard of them !!!
No Anna Kournikova on Cover page this time toooo... disappointing !!

blackpearl

The Devil
FatBeing said:
1. 40 Pages each
2. No. Pouches.
5. Because.

1. That's cheating. How different is that from a 200 page magazine, which is the usual size of special issues?
2. Does screaming "I need DVD writer" works too?
6. I liked the covers. Better than John Abraham.

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
MetalheadGautham said:
...you could have asked john abraham to pose with a joy for gaming... or sharukh with an N97, iPod for entertainment... dhoni with electronic gloves for personal tech... aishwarya rai with a asus lambourghini for computing... you get my idea...
You gotta be kidding! This is art. And honestly, I love the covers, they look fabulous. This is way better than some bimbo model on the cover!

@blackpearl: Were you expecting 200 pages per magazine? :wink:

s3Prosavage

Broken In
just 40 pages in each mag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....even though i dont have n e dvd drive which means all da dvds r useless for me i was plannin to buy da special issue cuz of five mags....m really disappointed...m sure half of the 40 pages in each mag wud be filled by ads.....nw m nt goin to buy.....n those three movies suck!!!!!!:mad: nw dont ban me!!!!!!!!! m jus statin da bitter truth.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom