[Preview + Feedback] Digit April 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well no distro can be completely full of all the softwares available out there. But, Ubuntu has enough packages to get it working for the needs of day to day users. It has almost all the softwares that a normal person may need for day to day use. And Ubuntu is light years easier to install then gentoo.

andi1984

Broken In
This issue's cd and dvd suck!it has nothing for home users! I request you guys to please include about 100 celebrity and nature wallpapers everytime!

i am terribly dissapointed with this issue. though magzine is good, but cd, dvd and fastrack are USELESS AND WORTHLESS! i feel CHEATED THIS TIME!RUBBISH!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
andi1984 said:
I request you guys to please include about 100 celebrity and nature wallpapers everytime!
i dont understanf y u guys want wall papers, maybe u havent heard of Google Image/yahoo image searches ;)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
andi1984 said:
This issue's cd and dvd suck!it has nothing for home users! I request you guys to please include about 100 celebrity and nature wallpapers everytime!

i am terribly dissapointed with this issue. though magzine is good, but cd, dvd and fastrack are USELESS AND WORTHLESS! i feel CHEATED THIS TIME!RUBBISH!

Quite opposite since lots of my wishes were fullfilled by this one... tho Gentoo was a disappointment... :) Celebs? They only do so much to repeat the same wallies again and again, so its better if they dont give at all...

Fastrack was useless and worthless? :shock: looks like u need to use your comp rather than sit and jus see image galleries and cycle wallies... :|

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
andi1984 said:
Fastrack are USELESS AND WORTHLESS! i feel CHEATED THIS TIME!RUBBISH!

What did u except? A book which has all console commands and can instantly make u a linux geek?? Dude even those 100 kg books having 1000+ pages can't do tht. Fast track was excellent. It rekindled my intrest in Linux.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
c'mon qwerty and sujithtom stop attacking that poor guy. He's just expressing his opinion. Not everyone is interested in installing linux and messing around with different softwares and all. He just wants to use his computer for doing daily tasks and stuff.
Good to know that the fast track book interested you'll and a lot more people to linux.
Hats off to digit for giving out that book.
Maybe digit should try to accomodate full install cd of gentoo of ~690 mb in future. It's a nice distro for people who can find their way around linux.

PinKLip

Broken In
I am thankfull to digit team for Fast-Track on LINUX.
I planning to learn linux.
Please tell me which distro will suit me up?
I am totally Idiot to linux :(

Ashis

In the zone
Where is the Damn Small Linux ????
Give me the address in the CD (April)?

If U don't have it in the CD then Why do u give the image on the top of the cover ??? :evil:

When I inserted the CD thats the only thing I looked UP for & to my frustration I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For! :roll:

praka123

left this forum longback
Buuddd,the CD itself is DSL!,boot from CD,if u dont get set ur bios to have first boot device as ur CD/DVD drive..DSL will boot from it...hahahaha

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
PinKLip said:
I am thankfull to digit team for Fast-Track on LINUX.
I planning to learn linux.
Please tell me which distro will suit me up?
I am totally Idiot to linux :(

If u have never experienced Linux I recommend try a live cd first. Try Knoppix the best one around and its free. After making urselves familiar with the nix envirnoment install Mandriva or Linspire which has the best novice friendly environment. Linspire is not free.

Ashis

In the zone
prakash kerala said:
Buuddd,the CD itself is DSL!,boot from CD,if u dont get set ur bios to have first boot device as ur CD/DVD drive..DSL will boot from it...hahahaha

O00h......
Should have told that! :D
But unfortunately I downloaded it last nit :lol:
& typin this message in it! (FireFox...no Opera) :cry:

PinKLip

Broken In
my thanks goes to -----
sujithtom
QwertyManiac and also to all
so i should try Knoppix and ubuntu
Thanks again

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
hey, the articles in the main magazine turned out to be dissappointing...specially when i spent half my pocket money on that....:(
Only the one on Piracy was cool.
And that gentoo linux turned out to be only minimal install....arrrrggghh!!!!
I specially bought the magazine for gentoo and Fast track...but #%&#*^&##!!

And yeah, xcept Ubuntu and a FEW apps, the software is bogus...all shareware thingy put down...most of which r useless sort-of.

blackpearl

The Devil
Except the softwares on Linux and the Fast track, the rest of the stuff on the DVD was useless.

Also that article on Piracy....it was bull$h|t. A software is developed by dozens of developers working together and for something like the Windows, hundreds of developers are involved. To deliberately leave a loophole in the programming would amount to a conspiracy involing hundreds of developers at different levels and even people more the management, which is impossible. Besides to think that each and every s/w company is doing this is rubbish. Windows and all s/ws have enough security problems already and to purposefully leave a security hole is simply absurd. How can anyone come to think of such an idea?

Perhaps Agen001's friend doesn't know the principle behind cracking softwares. A software is just a piece of code which can disassembled without even knowing the source code and then the assembly program can be modified to simply jump over the subroutine that imposes restriction upon the usage of the s/w. Anybody with a decent knowledge on assembly langauge can crack a program.

coolman.guron

Broken In
finally after 2 years i bought a copy of digit...
thanks for all the linux but even more for the fast track to linux its greattttt though i know a lot more o f linux then that. :wink:

you guys are finannly on it!
making linux reach the masses is not an easy task (i have been distrobuting around 100 cds[/b] of ubuntu and i know what it feels like :? )

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Of course we all know how it is like coolman. A lot of the forum members have distributed the Ubuntu CDs at here :
Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40880

Aries

Broken In
Hi

It says 'Track Mania' - Full Version. But on the description page on the DVD, it says trial....

is it Full and Unrestricted version or is it a trial version or something????????????///

any answers??? from digit???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom