Preview + Feedback [April 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot zubs

live life king like...
^^^
I'll also b following ur steps if digit doesn't stop discriminating us with the subscribers...

sidbond_patna

Teh $$ you paid are waste
:shock::-x:C_disgusted:This is too much man.....I mean how can they do such a thing...It's sick man..we wont get the dvd and the pocket book...

Yes and I too think that they are stressing on subscription since this year...even the survey was focused on the same....That is Gross RSS..Stop this or you will be losing a whole lot of chunk of the base.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Subscriber issue price is Rs. 200, with the extra Microsoft DVD, Digit Mini and Rewind DVD. For News stands, it's Rs. 150, with an extra free DVD.

We never promised 4 special issues to anyone but the subscribers, and since we have promised them that, they get a "Subscriber Special Issue" this month, worth the Rs. 200 -- which they have already paid for.

I think it's always a case of the grass being greener. Ever since I started on this forum, I've seen news stand people mocking subscribers, and vice versa.

The truth of the matter is that each type of reader gets certain benefits, and if we argue or get angry about this topic, it's about as pointless and never ending as our Windows vs Mac threads. Both sides are passionate, and both sides believe that they're right... an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

I understand Rajiv's sentiments of not having an option to buy, though, and we'll look into what's possible, if anything. Obviously, we can't commit to anything just yet.

This ia a lamey sir...It is not the case of grass being green on the other side...It is just that even after paying equal prices or being willing to pay, the news-stand buyers are kept at bay from the special issues launched by your "The Best" mag. U even don't outsource the contents in any other form...RIDICULOUS....This issue is a flop and an utter failure...Down goes there a digit fan.....:x

shrihara

Broken In
An entire video course - Introduction to Computer Science and Programming with examples, slideshows, handouts and tests.
This is the best content of this month. Please include the entire course like this in every issue from now onwards.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok, waaay to much thinking going on here. It's just a video DVD and a booklet, which is like the tazo in a packet of chips. You won't hate the chip seller for not including a tazo would you? Ok, maybe you should, and this is just a bad example. Errr... anyway, this is a feedback thread, don't speculate our reasons for giving the freebies to the subscribers, as it had nothing to do with being mean to the news stand buyers, or depriving them of content. Basically, don't think about it too much. It's great to see such enthusiastic demands for our freebies though. If you are a news stand buyer, you are still getting a lot, and not missing much, as Toofan pointed out.

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
Digit has just 25,000 subscribers only.......
whereas it has 95,000 news stand subscriber....

then how can you do this discrimination... with those 95,000 news stand buyers ,,, who even don't get benefits,... and the :-( lesser price ,, because they believe in quality issue.. not quantity issue... and get you with the most profits :-o :-o .. still u want to give those 25,000 EXTRA benefits... AND :-xforget those 95,000 ...... for extra benefits....

Really Digit has disappointed me this time.....:x:x:x:x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I personally never felt any magz is worth 200 bucks that digit throws at buyers at times. N certainly i wud not buy mag if its too costly as there is always a big crap that i dont want in it , just some part that i want to read or get makes me buy it . I didnt buy the last 2issues as i didnt feel it was worth wasting 150 bucks on them.

DigitCritic

Broken In
@ANORION

Ok, waaay to much thinking going on here. It's just a video DVD and a booklet, which is like the tazo in a packet of chips. You won't hate the chip seller for not including a tazo would you? Ok, maybe you should, and this is just a bad example. Errr... anyway, this is a feedback thread, don't speculate our reasons for giving the freebies to the subscribers, as it had nothing to do with being mean to the news stand buyers, or depriving them of content. Basically, don't think about it too much. It's great to see such enthusiastic demands for our freebies though. If you are a news stand buyer, you are still getting a lot, and not missing much, as Toofan pointed out.

No, it is not about being a video DVD or booklet. It is about the information being given in that. If the video dvd was just full of movies,songs or games... many would not even have blinked an eye. But here the issue is information, knowledge... why the hell people read magazines.. ??? Are you overlooking the fundamental reason for a magazine to come into existence ? It sure looks like it. Here you are depriving news stand buyers information or knowledge which is going scarce in your magazine.

Secondly, there is no need to speculate, you have made your case pretty obvious.You have discriminated with news stand buyers and since you do not want us guys it is only befitting that we stop buying your magazine at all.On top of it you are telling us to think what we should and we should not :x ?

So now you will tell us how we should feel and think ?? Great GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
^^^
I'll also b following ur steps if digit doesn't stop discriminating us with the subscribers...

We the non subscribers would have also paid Rs.50 extra for d special stuff which the subscribers are getting... Then y were we discriminated from the subscribers :-(

We pay more amount and this is what we are getting:-(

Digit has just 25,000 subscribers only.......
whereas it has 95,000 news stand subscriber....

then how can you do this discrimination... with those 95,000 news stand buyers ,,, who even don't get benefits,... and the :-( lesser price ,, because they believe in quality issue.. not quantity issue... and get you with the most profits :-o :-o .. still u want to give those 25,000 EXTRA benefits... AND :-xforget those 95,000 ...... for extra benefits....

Really Digit has disappointed me this time.....:x:x:x:x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

@ANORION

No, it is not about being a video DVD or booklet. It is about the information being given in that. If the video dvd was just full of movies,songs or games... many would not even have blinked an eye. But here the issue is information, knowledge... why the hell people read magazines.. ??? Are you overlooking the fundamental reason for a magazine to come into existence ? It sure looks like it. Here you are depriving news stand buyers information or knowledge which is going scarce in your magazine.

Secondly, there is no need to speculate, you have made your case pretty obvious.You have discriminated with news stand buyers and since you do not want us guys it is only befitting that we stop buying your magazine at all.On top of it you are telling us to think what we should and we should not ?

So now you will tell us how we should feel and think ?? Great GOING !!!!!!!!!!!!

So, its not just me who is feeling the "discrimination"

Last edited:

ash

Reborn ... four times
hey can anyone plz tell me wen da mag reaches home i am a 1st time subsriber

Depends on the location. If you have not already, then latest by Monday. Else you should call them or send a mail.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
t's just a video DVD and a booklet, which is like the tazo in a packet of chips. You won't hate the chip seller for not including a tazo would you?

Ah.. tazos... had forgotten that they ever existed, and there was a time when i'd have killed for a tazo!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the mag on yesterday night at around 8.10 P.M. but I was only able to open it on 11 P.M.

Some pages of FT and mag are stuck to each other - so I've cut them - pay more attention on cutting pages ...

BTW, Mag quality looks good ... will plunge into it today :p

DigitCritic

Broken In
@Rajiv

It is no point adding salt to the injuries.Those who have subscribed the magazine let them experience it themselves.It is not worth it dude.

By the way did you buy this month's issue.

tarundham

Banned
ya right! i emailed digit people to tell me why da mag hasn't reached me so they tell me da cheque you sent us was not on OUR NAME WTF!!!!

samridh94

Right off the assembly line
Hey u digit guys r very bad for this discrimination.
at least make the contents of the cd and the pdf version of the booklet available for free download on ur site for those who really need them(i know that even the people who dont buy digit even from the news stand will be able to download them but digit ought to suffer that as a PUNISHMENT)
PLZ COPY AND PASTE IF U SUPPORT ME.
Thanx

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
@Rajiv

It is no point adding salt to the injuries.Those who have subscribed the magazine let them experience it themselves.It is not worth it dude.

By the way did you buy this month's issue.

I just buy certain issues and I was going to buy the April issue but will not be buying it because of the discrimination or you can call it as Digit making an "April Fool" of the news stand buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.