Preview August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
I'd just like to point people to the Current Issue Feedback section - Current Month's Feedback
You can post comments and suggestions for articles in this month's issue. You can also use it to discuss things with the writer and other forum members.

@qams, Post deleted. This is a preview thread for the August issue of Digit.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear
Just the 32 bit version is included.

Thanks for the reply .
Can I expect to get the x64 ( 64 bit ) version of vista sp2 on september 2009
issue ? ( Made a demand for the same on demand section )

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
again FT for "Open Source"??

u were wrong.. it should be named as "Fast Track to Linux Distro"..:p

i got the mag...some excellent articles.. and nice tips and tricks section..

but with few exceptions. (Feedback for Aug still not found)
as usual one of the DVD (Disc 2 Ubuntu/Fedora) didn't read..DVD disc 1 have slow reads.. ****.i was so irritated with Digit with its DVD quality....
despite the price hike from 125 to 150, they are not ready / interested to make a good quality disc to their readers.. this problem continues from 2008..

Again fast track has been repeated... what the hell digit is doing..
again the fast tack is fully covered with pictures and same tutorial-like-information..
I humbly request M/s 9.9 media to read digit's 2006-07 series of fast tracks..

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
I get the Current Issue on 2nd of August form the Newspaper stand but will not read it till 9th of this month. As I have a entrance test on 9.
But due to anxiety i bought the Issue. The cover page is excellent.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Please Help.......................

Hi I am not a subscriber of digit,but a News-Stand Buyer....

This is the 1st Time I got the fast track which have only 32 Pages...means it is upto Page No 32.

Then the same repeat 4 times......and made the thickness of the fast track.

Now please Anyone have any Idea what to do ?

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User

This is the 1st Time I got the fast track which have only 32 Pages...means it is upto Page No 32.

dont worry.. be cool..
u have got the correct one.:lol::lol:.
the open source topics have discussed only upto page no. 37..
from page no. 38, its talking about various flavors of linux distro..yes only linux distro with big pictures. nothing about other open source applications.. :p
So u have got the correct pages of fast track to Open Source.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

staticsid

Team Digit

Write to help@thinkdigit.com

toofan

Technomancer
Re: Tech Careers: Programming Languages

This is the gem article of this Month. I had only read this article of all due to time restriction.

Its very good but could be best if a detailed and serious approach has been applied.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ther's no overall Mag feedback thread....So posting in here.....

Got the mag on yesterday...

1st of all almost 70% of fonts used in mag is just too light. It's really paining eyes to read those light fonts. Facing this problem since june 2009 issue. If you guys have any doubt just compare may & june issue by laying them side by side. For god's sake guys make the fonts crisp & clear ( increase the level of black - they almost seems like you guys have used grey color instead of black )

Example - I hate the term "evangelist" - it's basically a word used to describe someone who tries to convert you to their "religion"

It's looks like on mag :

I hate the term "evangelist" - it's basically a word used to describe someone who tries to convert you to their "religion"

==========================================================

The articles like living on open source, open ride & color managing printers, is really good

The monitor, Memory & gfx crads reviews is just awesome though it was a bit surprising as you guys have not reviewedany BENQ monitors.

The agent001 article The real chill factor is good as always.

On price watch section you guys have not included CM Hyper 212 in CPU cooler sec though agent001 have talked about

The liquid notrogen exp. from darklord was a well worthy mention :p

The quality of papers & fonts used in FT was good but you guys should have ad more text ie written how to's instead of a lot of pictures.

toofan

Technomancer
Re: Wikipedia – behind the pages

I did not know all about Wikipedia. Good article.

rating: 10/10

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Articles Browsers ahoy,Wikipedia,Android,eyeOS, Open source myths was also good.
Geek culture : zombies - is a refreshly new thing

BTw, why you guys used vista sp1 x86 on benches of gfx cards when vista sp2 was already out with many fixes !!! :confused:

What happend to the Consumer Protection section ?? !! :confused: - I don't think there's a shortage of complaints.

Bazar & Drool maal section just rocks. The Edelweiss PC was really an innovative thing :p

The provided disc quality was also good.

Krow

Crowman
Re: Myths about open source

A very good article. Special appreciation for the layout and the boxing of each myth. Very readable. :D

Krow

Crowman
Re: The OSCar project.

Wonderful article. When I thought of open source, I was limited to software. And WHAM! I see cars, that too such awesome looking ones. Only wish these were free:)D). Good work with the research and thanks for alerting us to the fact that they are after all not so open source and mostly hiding underground(disappeared for some time.). The article was balanced for sure.

Krow

Crowman
Re: Tried and Tested - Graphic Cards

Didn't read the article yet, bt Special praise for the people who photoshopped the tow images (pg 70 & 75) and more so to the ones who came up with the concept. :)

Plz pay attention to the fact that page nos. get lost when the background is black and so is the font! Perfect example : Pg 70!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom