[PREVIEW] April 2005 Digit DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yogeshm02

Raaabo said:
Whoa, please post your "By Demand" posts (demanding software) in the By Demand May 2005 thread available here

Edit

The DVDs autorun.inf file was corrupted during replication. In order to run the interface, please:
1. Insert the DVD into your drive
2. Open Windows Explorer to your DVD drive
3. Double-click on the "start.hta" file

Other known issues with the DVD this time include:
Incorrect links to Palm software. Please Explorer the DVD and navigate to Digital Tools > Palm to install the software provided.

If you get confused with all that software there, and wonder which is the one you wanted to install, please do the following while at the "Palm" section in the interface:
1. Right-click on the "Install" button / image alongside the software you wish to install
2. Select "Copy Link Address"
3. Open a new Windows Explorer / Internet Explorer window
4. Paste the link in the address bar and look for a double slash ( // )
5. Remove one slash and press [Enter]

This error only happens for the Palm software in the DVD, everything else runs perfectly. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to Palm users.

Raaabo

My DVD is also not working and I have figured out the following: -

1. I can browse the DVD without any problem.
2. I can read contents of "code" folder i.e. I can read contents of files in that folder.
3. I can't read files contained in any other folder i.e. no wallpapers display, no installers run.

Aditya11

Journeyman
bharathbala2003 said:
Aditya11 said:
Hmm, no word still from admins. I was wondering why this thread hasn't been converted to FEEDBACK of April'05 DVD, but then since the DVD's are anyways unusable, so....

I also, like most guys here, suggest to provide extra DVD along with May issue. Anything else is impractical and inefficient.

refer the thread below.. thats the feedback not this one.. :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17069

Man, that thread is for MAGAZINE and this thred is for DVD...I am posting in the right thread. Check again.

rohandhruva said:
Says who ? Did i imply that ? As far as the newstand readers are concerned, they can just post their dvd to digit and then get the replacement, maybe ?

And who pays for the packaging and courier?? :?:

funkymonkey

Journeyman
this is g etting more and more frustrating.
No replies here from the admins/mods.
No replies to emails i sent to help desk.
This was the last issue ofmy subscription. I was gona send the renewal form, signed the cheque, was about to courier this and I stopped.
Lets here from official sources, then only i will decide to continue the subscription or stop......

kb

Broken In
Hey peapls
. What are u all doing, plz dont place the dvd ██[UP]█[SIDE]█[DOWN]██

Now regarding my dvd I'm happy for I'm not an alien.

l!l Digit ppl r so kind that they gave me DVD with the content described in this post l!!l

kb

Broken In
Sorry Im back.

Some ppl says that dvds were not burnt properly.
C'mon guys where do U eat.

main() {
if (hotel==true) {
Printf("No solution for you guys. \nOnly i can say is bad luck");
}
Elseif (home==true) {
printf("Go to the kitchen & burn the dvd properly atleast this time");
}
getch();
}

Compling....
Function printf should have a prototype.
Function getch should have a prototype
Function should return a value
and one more thing what is capital E doing there

S

sunnydiv

? what exactly r u saying, hard to grasp ?

alien ?
content ?
upside down ?

kb

Broken In
Chill out man
i said the same thing all others said, the only difference is :.-..--
Other said thru their head but i thru knee(reason: tit's night .: hand's r shaking, head is off, but knee is still on

.: stands for therefore

answers 2 ur qustn 'jot it down bro'
alien? meant(in my above post) one of a kind on this planet who got error free dvd (obviously, as i said im not an aalien="i didnt got error free dvd")

content? now what do u want to know here
now still what i feel is here(oh wow what a poetry)
Content of my dvd is same as others have described what they have got.
i.e even i cannot, install .exe, view wallpaper, etc.

upside down ? that was only a joke bhaisaap
<hindi>dvd ulta drive main dalna </hindi>

tuxfan

Technomancer
Forget preview, but lots of things in this month's DVD is not working :x :x Shall I request for a replacement or all DVDs are like that? :x Digit needs tighter testing standards

Yes, lot of them r falty but I am damn sure about their customer serviced b'cause I have experienced such a service. Just send a email to help at jasudhai.

hard_rock

Salieri Family

2. I can read contents of "code" folder i.e. I can read contents of files in that folder.
3. I can't read files contained in any other folder i.e. no wallpapers display, no installers run.
Same here.

symbian

Right off the assembly line
Dear mods/admins..............
kindly have a check on the April 2005 DVD....... coz.... most of the exe & zip files arn't opening....... but the same files are opening fine in the CD.... I dnt knw whether the DVD came to me with the mag is erratic or the same for many......... plz just hav a check......... also it wasn't autorunning......... and the mag stated that there were some problems in replication.........

funkymonkey

Journeyman
are we trying to get feedback and replacement from the same digit team which used to reply to my mails within 24 hours and send me replacement wihin 2 days?
its been more than 48 hours and no answers to my emails. I am subscriber too, :rolleyes:

QuickFire

Broken In

Same here m8...its disappointing...:(
I've emailed digit helpdesk but no replies yet.
and i can't believe its only 300 DVDs that are corrupt. We can't be tat unlucky to find a place in top 300. :p Somethings seriously wrong and digit should provide replacement DVDs ASAP. I for one, can't wait till next month...
Come on Team Digit, do something...:)

deepakuma

Broken In
YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO GIVE THE FULL VERSION OF mICROSOFT Urban Assault. It's a vey old game. I got the demo on a mag CD in 1998

mario_pant

In the zone
DVD not working!!!!!!!! and is digt loosing standards??.... sooo many goof-ups..... most of the time the image and the adjoining text do not match at all... for instance Pg 18. digit april 2005..... take a look at the oldlversion.com image and text..... the image is filext.com ones'..... uffff.... and THE DVD!!! PLEASE SAY SOMETHING "TEAM DIGIT"!!!!!!

symbianparadize

Right off the assembly line
Ya my DVD too Iz ze not workin'

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: HEY GUYS Y AINT THE DIGIT 2K5 APRIL DVD NOT AUTO RUNNING... NOT EVEN WITH THE START.HTA, START.HTML OR BEGIN.EXE FILEZ.... PLUS PLUS PLUS..... HALF THE FILES, INCLUDING THE GAMES (FOR WHICH I BUY DIGIT), SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY, EMPIRE EARTH 2, ETC. ALL ARE CORRUPTED..... TO ADD ON THAT, THE WALLPAPERS TOO ARE CORRUPTED.... WELL, WE OUGHTA GET A REFUND OR A NEW DVD.... WELL FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS, ITS OKAY BUT WHAT ABOUT US, PPL WHO'VE BOUGHT IT 4M THE NEWS STANDS.... THIS IS A SERIOUS FAULT ON DIGITS' PART... I'M NOT ACCUSING U GUYS BUT SINCE U GUYS HAVE MADE SUCH A NICE REPUTATION THUS, I WANT U PPL TO LIVE UP TO IT.......... BTW we really really seriously want SPLINTER CELL or a refund :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom