config:
AMD 64bit 2800+
Asus M/B
Sony DVD Writer
Sony Combo Drive
APC UPS
Hitachi HDD 80GB
512 400Mhz DDR Ram

This problem comes for the last 2 days... Whenever i switch on the PC, i dont know if the bios loads, the computer shuts (off) in just a sec or 2. What could be the problem? I tried cleaning the RAM and fixing it again. I also tried removing the IDE from HDD, Combo and DVD Writer ( 0 Load ), still the problem persists.

Can anyone please help???

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
seems that ur Power switch might be stuck.. check that...

or ur SMPS may be bad.

remove and reinsert the cmos battry too....

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
check ur processor fan working or not and in ur mobo bios warnining at hightemp is enabled or not..

Last edited:

arunks

Hey here is the aks
when problem is solved plz tell us here the solution as i wanna append it to my computer database

manmay

Journeyman
@rollercoaster...
in case its b coz of the power switch that this prob is occuring....then what do you suggest we can do abt it other than replacing it.....

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well if u r an engineer at heart... the open it clean the contacts and re assemble it.

i have to say that for most switches it is gonna be tougher then dissassembling and cleaning and reassembling the whole PC. :)

DOOD just change it.. what us the big deal. Or cut the wires at the switch and short them to check if the prob is solved or not. at ur own risk, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom