Power consumption of CRT v/s LCD??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
On my LG 15" LCD it is mentioned dat it consumes 17W only. Definitely it wil help u save on electricity. I cud estimate dis coz my UPS backup time has gone considerably up.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Using one CRT Monitor with Power TurnOFF after 5 mins of idle time isnt going to show much difference in your bills.
But LCD helps in prolonging the life of UPS charge .So theres definite advantage to using one for power saving.
However if you have more than 2 LCD's then it will be worth calculating the electricity bills.!

sakumar79

Technomancer
I made a rough estimate once recently that the cost difference between LCD and CRT monitors would be offset by the savings in electricity (assuming about 8 hours of use a day) in more than 5 years only (If I remember correctly, it was closer to 10 years)

Arun

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
cyberboy_kerala said:
Calculate ur computing hrs, i am too lazy to do maths
Hey sorry for bugging you about that:D Actually i was not getting the correct kWh calculations:(

I googled and came across this site:
:arrow:*www.bestundertaking.com/elec_consump.asp

The site has a table. But I am unable to figure out what are they talking about in the third column.
Code:
No. Of Units For Month Of 30 Days
No. Of Hours Per Day
Please help me...

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
See the heading has actually three lines... The third line is like 1,2,4,... This represents no. of hours per day usage... In the corresponding column, you will find usage per month for the required items...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom