CPU: Intel E2140 1.6 Ghz Dual Core
Mobo: Gigabyte GA G41M Combo
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Patriot RAM Single Channel
HDD: 500 GB Seagate SATA II
GPU: Asus GT440 1GB GDDR5
DVD Drive: Samsung 22x DVD RW Writer
PSU: VIP 500W Gold
Case: Circle 4 Series

Problem: So I reused most of my old system while updating it, and I've got a problem.. after assembling the new motherboard and cpu, everything worked fine, installed windows 7 x64 ultimate and later shutdown coz i had to go out, after i returned home I switched on the UPS and hit the power button but the pc would not start, so i turned off the UPS and turned it back on and after hitting the power button on the pc a few times it started. this happens all the time. Other than this the pc works just fine. Also, cannot shutdown the pc by pushing the power button ACPI. So, I cannot find what the problem is.. Is it the power button, motherboard or psu (underpowered)??

Can a faulty motherboard cause this problem? because my previous motherboard and cpu (see old system details) worked properly on the same PSU and cabinet.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most probably a faulty mobo or the PSU don't have enough juice. anyway, by not starting what you mean ? the pc is not powering up at all or cpu fan, PSu fan spins, cabinet lights are on but you are not getting any display ?

if you are facing the 2nd scenario then try removing and remounting the ram module properly.

OP
S

SystemError

Broken In
But the case button worked perfectly fine with my old motherboard, and so did the PSU. Should i RMA the motherboard?

The PC works perfectly fine once started.. only takes about two or three times pressing the button.

OP
S

SystemError

Broken In
Okay.. thanks, will try it soon and let you know.

Okay, the PC starts by shorting the Power SW pin/header on the motherboard.. so i guess the problem is with the switch connector.

Thanks.

Mods may close the thread

Top Bottom