Post your Speedtest results

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
You will not get 100mbps over wifi without using a good ac wifi router at close distance.
But my router is a Tp-Link Archer C20, Friend.

I am on the 2.4Ghz channel not on the 5Ghz channel,I am on 802.11n channel not on the 802.11ac channel.
Is this the cause???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But my router is a Tp-Link Archer C20, Friend.

I am on the 2.4Ghz channel not on the 5Ghz channel,I am on 802.11n channel not on the 802.11ac channel.
Is this the cause???
Yes. And even on 5GHz ac channel you might not get 100mbps unless you are sitting very close to router with no obstructions in between. This is the difference between lower end ac routers & higher end ac routers.

kg11sgbg

*www.speedtest.net/result/9001436193.png

A little better, BUT NOT UP TO EXPECTATIONS.
PREFERRED+ Plan of 100Mbps bandwidth.

DIRECT (RJ-45 Cable) not Wi-Fi link of ALLIANCE BROADBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.speedtest.net/result/9001436193.png

A little better, BUT NOT UP TO EXPECTATIONS.
PREFERRED+ Plan of 100Mbps bandwidth.

DIRECT (RJ-45 Cable) not Wi-Fi link of ALLIANCE BROADBAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I give little importance to speedtest results,what matters is how much download speed you actually get for your usages.e.g.if you download mainly from public torrents & file sharing sites as non-premium member then it doesn't even matter whether you got 100mbps or 1000mbps connection as you will never be able to fully utilize the connection except for some rare circumstances. :)

kg11sgbg

I give little importance to speedtest results,what matters is how much download speed you actually get for your usages.e.g.if you download mainly from public torrents & file sharing sites as non-premium member then it doesn't even matter whether you got 100mbps or 1000mbps connection as you will never be able to fully utilize the connection except for some rare circumstances. :)
I get it,Friend. Thank You.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yes, speedtest results are little exaggerated for show-off. Real download speed matters while downloading actual file from torrent/file sharing sites.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Anybody here using Alliance Broadband Fiber Optic connection?
Or
People from Alliance BB (Local Operator) who approach to your house and ask for shifting to Fiber connection with 1500/- (Converter Box and Cabling for one time)...

Anyone?

kg11sgbg

Anybody here using Alliance Broadband Fiber Optic connection?
Or
People from Alliance BB (Local Operator) who approach to your house and ask for shifting to Fiber connection with 1500/- (Converter Box and Cabling for one time)...

Anyone?
Yes, the local cable office guy came to our House and told me not to pay fee for the upcoming month of March 2020. He said that a cable fiber connection along with a modem (with optical fiber port) and a converter box will be installed at my House and the modem to be attached to my PC. Total cost Rs.1500.00

They might come this Sunday.

I inquired separately with ALLIANCE BB(through customer care) about this situation and amount of money. ALLIANCE BB confirmed me the same and said IT IS FULLY OKAY.

Seems, ALLIANCE has taken the JiO route for Fiber broadband connection.

What is your problem, bro. @dissel ?

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Yes, the local cable office guy came to our House and told me not to pay fee for the upcoming month of March 2020. He said that a cable fiber connection along with a modem (with optical fiber port) and a converter box will be installed at my House and the modem to be attached to my PC. Total cost Rs.1500.00

They might come this Sunday.

I inquired separately with ALLIANCE BB(through customer care) about this situation and amount of money. ALLIANCE BB confirmed me the same and said IT IS FULLY OKAY.

Seems, ALLIANCE has taken the JiO route for Fiber broadband connection.

What is your problem, bro. @dissel ?

Thanks for the confirmation @kg11sgbg

The two guys came into my house, one is the guy who does the config for my connection two years one month ago i,e Jan 2018 and another guy who he claims that he is the 1 out of 14 Alliance BB operator in our locality. Anyhow the first day I was not at home but the second day they came an exact pre-defined (which I told) time in bad weather in rain, convinced me very well and took the money without giving any kind of receipt. Also, I want to see any terms and condition about hidden charges i,e hire purchase of CPE or maintenance charges etc, but I'm told there is none....then the guy who supervised during the day 1 my connection said, did you ever see me in your house past years or need to talk to me - No, Never...With this, you will never see me again. After that, he also looks around and calculates how the cable will enter and left...(1) they didn't give any receipt (2) didn't say when the installation will be done, but they kept repeating (3) once the connection activates only then they cut the Cat 5 cable....(4) I don't have to face any downtime at all.

After some times I started thinking If I duped in plain daylight or not? The sum is little but it is very very tight slap in the face...And it never occurred to me to call at Alliance BB's customer care till I read your response - Thank You for the help bro, Now I'm relieved.

---------------------------------
I liked to ask to all, Is it possible to know how much data I consume this month by looking at those below-attached pictures?

*i.imgur.com/RpYTRio.png

*i.imgur.com/LfOdOWM.png

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liked to ask to all, Is it possible to know how much data I consume this month by looking at those below-attached pictures?
I have seen same interface being used by some of local cable broadband providers here & there is no way to get meaningful data from these figures.Just use some free bandwidth monitoring software like networx(you can download the last free old version from Download Networx - MajorGeeks use majorgeek links).

kg11sgbg

Thanks for the confirmation @kg11sgbg

The two guys came into my house, one is the guy who does the config for my connection two years one month ago i,e Jan 2018 and another guy who he claims that he is the 1 out of 14 Alliance BB operator in our locality. Anyhow the first day I was not at home but the second day they came an exact pre-defined (which I told) time in bad weather in rain, convinced me very well and took the money without giving any kind of receipt. Also, I want to see any terms and condition about hidden charges i,e hire purchase of CPE or maintenance charges etc, but I'm told there is none....then the guy who supervised during the day 1 my connection said, did you ever see me in your house past years or need to talk to me - No, Never...With this, you will never see me again. After that, he also looks around and calculates how the cable will enter and left...(1) they didn't give any receipt (2) didn't say when the installation will be done, but they kept repeating (3) once the connection activates only then they cut the Cat 5 cable....(4) I don't have to face any downtime at all.

After some times I started thinking If I duped in plain daylight or not? The sum is little but it is very very tight slap in the face...And it never occurred to me to call at Alliance BB's customer care till I read your response - Thank You for the help bro, Now I'm relieved.

---------------------------------

*i.imgur.com/RpYTRio.png

*i.imgur.com/LfOdOWM.png

In my case,the cable operator through which Alliance will be giving Fiber connection has confirmed me, that I must be in my house during the installation phase. They will come with the CPE and also a modem that will take the fiber connection. From that modem I could connect to my PC and/or router by means of RJ-45 cable.
This whole setup will cost Rs.1500.00 as ascertained by Alliance and Cable Operator both.

Sadly, tomorrow 1st of March 2020, I expected to have the settings. But layout of Fiber cable besides my House and the connector alley path has not yet been done,SO THE POSTPONEMENT.

Hopefully won't have issues too much,as the cable operator guy is Friendly amongst us in our neighbourhood/mohalla.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
In my case,the cable operator through which Alliance will be giving Fiber connection has confirmed me, that I must be in my house during the installation phase. They will come with the CPE and also a modem that will take the fiber connection. From that modem I could connect to my PC and/or router by means of RJ-45 cable.
This whole setup will cost Rs.1500.00 as ascertained by Alliance and Cable Operator both.

Sadly, tomorrow 1st of March 2020, I expected to have the settings. But layout of Fiber cable besides my House and the connector alley path has not yet been done,SO THE POSTPONEMENT.

Hopefully won't have issues too much,as the cable operator guy is Friendly amongst us in our neighbourhood/mohalla.

Thanks for the reply, According to our operator the fiber optic cable is hanging in the Air at Lamp Post, He also points out a medium-size blue box to the electric post from which he will pull the connection...I was quite surprised by hearing this when Jio laying fiber at least past 8-9 months by digging every possible place in my locality/town. Let see how they done the Fiber splicing - Hope they implement the 'Fusion Splicing' Method instead of 'Mechanical Splicing' during customer premises.

I have no hope for Jio due to its ridiculous plan...Thanks to 1.67 Lac Core AGR dues of Telecom Industry to Govt....I'm wondering is it Alliance BB try to collect their share of fees this way by knocking the door of the customer.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no hope for Jio due to its ridiculous plan...Thanks to 1.67 Lac Core AGR dues of Telecom Industry to Govt....I'm wondering is it Alliance BB try to collect their share of fees this way by knocking the door of the customer.
Jio has negligible AGR dues compared to others as they were a very late entrant & did not pay huge spectrum fee(a point often raised by others). The reason they are not giving truly unlimited plans is because of their business policy,in fact don't expect truly unlimited plans from any big/major ISP having significant number of customers.

kg11sgbg

Jio has negligible AGR dues compared to others as they were a very late entrant & did not pay huge spectrum fee(a point often raised by others). The reason they are not giving truly unlimited plans is because of their business policy,in fact don't expect truly unlimited plans from any big/major ISP having significant number of customers.
That is a very true and apt reason from JiO's point of view.
They just want to make money. That is their prime motive for Business,which IS the prime motive for all Business houses.
Alliance a very small fry compared to JiO also makes money from Business. BUT CUSTOMER BASE OF ALLIANCE IS MUCH LESS COMPARED TO JIO, HENCE THE CHARITY OF PROVIDING UNLIMITED FUP. Or on the other way round,Alliance treats each of its customer as its pricey entity and with respect.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I have seen same interface being used by some of local cable broadband providers here & there is no way to get meaningful data from these figures.Just use some free bandwidth monitoring software like networx(you can download the last free old version from Download Networx - MajorGeeks use majorgeek links).

Thanks for the links, but If there any procedure to monitor the Data for the individual wireless devices such as Smart Phones + iPads + Fire TV Stick ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the links, but If there any procedure to monitor the Data for the individual wireless devices such as Smart Phones + iPads + Fire TV Stick ?
A complex(& most likely costly) procedure(see the above post & if you don't have any idea about what is being said then better drop it as it is not worth the extra hassle).