Cilus

laborare est orare
S_V, Here goes the Pentium B940 Vs Core i3-2310M Benchmarking Comparison

Benchmarks| Intel Pentium B940 |Core i3-2310M
PassMark Score| 1977 |2602
Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)| 45.5 seconds| 42 seconds
3D Mark 06 CPU| 2030| 2530
Windows 7 Experience Score| 5.9| 6.4

So it is not very behind i3 and almost equal to the Nehalem based i3 (arrandale) processors and definitely better than the Athlon II Dual cores. So it is perfectly okay for day to day work and also offer good Multimedia and gaing performance since the Lappy is having 1 GB of GT 520M Gfx card. I tested it with Modern Warfare 2 and Bulletstorm. At 1366X768 resolution those games are plyable enough with middle-high setting. HD movie experience with 1080P content is also very good, especially if you use GPU acceleration.

S_V

In the zone
S_V, Here goes the Pentium B940 Vs Core i3-2310M Benchmarking Comparison

Benchmarks| Intel Pentium B940 |Core i3-2310M
PassMark Score| 1977 |2602
Super Pi 2M (Lower in better)| 45.5 seconds| 42 seconds
3D Mark 06 CPU| 2030| 2530
Windows 7 Experience Score| 5.9| 6.4

I think there is a price difference between them is 12k (??) Honestly it's very good then... there is not much difference between maybe i3 could perform better in real-time applications... Still it's good purchase...
Thanks for the Benchmark mate... It's a clear idea about B940 Lappy's to me...

@Megamind...

Sorry mate... I missed ur purchase... Congrats mate....

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
I think there is a price difference between them is 12k (??) Honestly it's very good then... there is not much difference between maybe i3 could perform better in real-time applications... Still it's good purchase...
Thanks for the Benchmark mate... It's a clear idea about B940 Lappy's to me...

i3 is a re-branded B940 with hyper threading. ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cilus

Congratulations for the purchase:). But you always tell me that i leave things midway. But what about you? Where are the pictures? Man you have two powerful cameras and you're not even posting a single picture. What the heck is this? I told on the very first day when you bought the laptop to post pics asap. Post them quickly now and i need a shot from each and every angle.

@S_V

That onkyo AVR is a good performer. I've played uncharted 2 at my bro's co-brother's place in bangalore. He has this set and it spewed some incredible game sounds. The explosions and gun battle in uncharted is too good and onkyo really delivered there. Congrats for this awesome purchase mate.:)

@ Megamind

Congrats buddy. Great choice for a controller.:)

Cilus

laborare est orare
MyGeekTips, ya, very true. B940 does have 1 MB less L3 cache compared to 3 MB L3 of i3. But S_V, before purchasing I've done some analysis and read different forums regarding the comparison. Infact in most of the cases b940'S performance is much closer to i3 2310 in real world scenarios.
The logical reason is that today's most of the benchmarks support Hyper-Threading and they normally creates completely independent threads and assign them to a HT enabled Core. Since all the instructions are independent here, the thread processing speed is very fast here due to high degree of ILP and TLP.

But in real world, in most cases threads as well as their instructions are not completely independent; in fact thery are dependent in most cases. So the real world degree of TLP and ILP is always lower than the Benchmark cases.

This is the reason a HT enabled i3 2310 will have lesser performance advantage compared to the benchmark results over a non-HT B950/B940 in real world scenario.

@ cilus

Congratulations for the purchase. But you always tell me that i leave things midway. But what about you? Where are the pictures? Man you have two powerful cameras and you're not even posting a single picture. What the heck is this? I told on the very first day when you bought the laptop to post pics asap. Post them quickly now and i need a shot from each and every angle.

Sorry Shaktimaan :(:(

Actually I'm in bed rest now, so my movements are little restricted.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Sorry Shaktimaan :(:(

Actually I'm in bed rest now, so my movements are little restricted.

Don't worry i will most probably drop in by this weekend and do it for you. Take medicines and rest up to heal faster.:) Even i've got really stressed up. I've pm'ed you the reasons.

Last edited:

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Tiger woods fired his caddy recently...:p
And he meant case(cabinet) for his HDD..
@Nightmare Check out your local hardware store..they might be having a HDD case...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Finally bought Samsung Galaxy SII after lot of thinking.
Thanks to these guys who helped me decide, kbar1,red dragon,gopi_vboy,sam,ico

ajayritik congos its a great phone n it was my dream phone till nexus came :p ... how much did it cost u ?
Rs 26799 from Sulekha
Guys from where I can buy caddy for 2.5 inch HD up to 9.5 mm in height ?
Are you looking for IDE or SATA. IDE is not that easy get hold of. Should get it in local hardware store. I bought one recently.