Post your latest Purchase

Thanks. Just uploaded. I realized I got no good pics of the car alone. :p Someone will be there with the car. This one have good road presence, a head turner. Better than the normal Venue.
Venue is a good vehicle but has shitty variants, way too shitty IMO.

I found the S plus iMT variant to be good having features that one requires. I'm a bit extreme in terms of features though, like sunroof is a con for me, need rear wiper, all the connected car & ADAS features are like waste of money for me. Was looking for a vehicle for my father, he needs a manual, so that S plus is out of the question. SX(O) diesel MT is way too overpriced for a rear wiper. So its like you have to compromise somewhere even if you are spending so much. This bothers my father as well who is driving a 16 year old Santro.

bubusam13

Human
Connected car worked too well for me. I shifted my car from my native to Bangalore. Thanks to connected car, I could see when my car was left outside in heavy rain, door left open, fuel status and the route they took. I called them multiple times during the transit based on the Bluelink information and the car reached me in as it is condition. Also I can turn on the AC few mins before I enter the car in a hot sunny weather.

I didnt check other models as I wanted is nLine N8. It got DCT+ Paddle shifters, probably the best steering wheel Hyundai offers, rear wiper, a good factory fitted dashcam, leather seats, all wheel dick brakes, and a sporty exhaust sound which seem worth the price. Also I felt the need for electrically adjustable driver seat when I drove in steep hills of Sikkim, luckily this model got that and also the rear seats can be reclined.

I checked other manufacturers but no one offers so much for this price. I liked VW Taigun and Skoda Kushaq Anniversary edition but their maintainance was sure to drill a hole in my pocket and Creta was a better value. And compared to Nexon, Venue has very less blindspots, A pillar to say.

SX(O) diesel MT is way too overpriced for a rear wiper.

I agree to this. Not just Venue. Like even Creta top SX model dont get diamond cut alloy wheels. SX(O) is there. And there is an AT model as well which the sales team avoid.

Last edited:
Connected car worked too well for me. I shifted my car from my native to Bangalore. Thanks to connected car, I could see when my car was left outside in heavy rain, door left open, fuel status and the route they took. I called them multiple times during the transit based on the Bluelink information and the car reached me in as it is condition. Also I can turn on the AC few mins before I enter the car in a hot sunny weather.

I didnt check other models as I wanted is nLine N8. It got DCT+ Paddle shifters, probably the best steering wheel Hyundai offers, rear wiper, a good factory fitted dashcam, leather seats, all wheel dick brakes, and a sporty exhaust sound which seem worth the price. Also I felt the need for electrically adjustable driver seat when I drove in steep hills of Sikkim, luckily this model got that and also the rear seats can be reclined.

I checked other manufacturers but no one offers so much for this price. I liked VW Taigun and Skoda Kushaq Anniversary edition but their maintainance was sure to drill a hole in my pocket and Creta was a better value. And compared to Nexon, Venue has very less blindspots, A pillar to say.

I agree to this. Not just Venue. Like even Creta top SX model dont get diamond cut alloy wheels. SX(O) is there. And there is an AT model as well which the sales team avoid.
Features like connected car, ADAS, sunroof, etc are fine on top variant, but at least companies should provide basic features in lower variants.

I will say something like rear wiper or 360 camera are much more useful.

My friend bought AX7 XUV700 because of few features it had over AX5, others were not so important for him. Similarly he wanted 360 cam, but the higher AX7 L doesn't exist in petrol MT.

Btw what's the subscription charge for the connected car tech?

Last edited:
Sales guy inform me that it was never charged, though on paper after 2 years it should be chargeable. So no idea.

Congratulations for XUV700. How much was the waiting period for you ?
Yes, after 2 years there are annual subscription fees is what I heard. Realistically it can work fine with just an eSIM + server maintenance charges. I don't remember how much my friend was quoted for the charge after 2 years on his XUV700 but he said he won't be using them after 2 years.

*My friend bought XUV 700

For him, the waiting period was 1.5 years officially, but he got it in 4 months after a few cancellations. He got the colour & variant he wanted.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Asus ROG Strix Scope TKL Deluxe Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Cherry MX RED switches
This is my first mechanical keyboard. Pretty sweet typing experience, and gaming on it is a breeze.
I prefer a full size keyboard with numpad, but its been good so far. Still getting used to it coming from a membrane keyboard.
Cost C$ 73.49 including GST (~₹4600)
20230715_165238 (3).jpg
20230715_165456 (3).jpg
20230715_170723 (2).jpg
20230715_181152 (2).jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
RCA TR4206 42" 1080p LED TV: free
PS4 Pro (Used): CAD 100, came with uncharted 4 disk.
WD Blue 1 TB SATA SSD (used): CAD 60
Ikea coffee table: free
PS4 games: Borrowed from the library

The console was on version 8.50, I updated it to 9.00 for jailbreak support, replaced the stock HDD with WD Blue SSD. Tried few games and it always sounded like a jet engine. Opened it up to only to see that the console was almost dust free but thermal paste was dried. After replacing the thermal paste, it runs cool and silent.
zJe6Lih.jpg

Acer VG240YS (used): CAD 112
Ikea 120 cm*60 cm Desk: free
Ikea headphone stand: free
Alienware AW310K keyboard: free. (keycaps are way too loose)
1yQqkMj.jpg

X Rocker Play 2.0 chair: free (needs more padding IMO)
ruZHZmo.jpg

Silicon grip for PS4 controller and thumbsticks: free
IJkVwwO.jpg

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
RCA TR4206 42" 1080p LED TV: free
PS4 Pro (Used): CAD 100, came with uncharted 4 disk.
WD Blue 1 TB SATA SSD (used): CAD 60
Ikea coffee table: free
PS4 games: Borrowed from the library

The console was on version 8.50, I updated it to 9.00 for jailbreak support, replaced the stock HDD with WD Blue SSD. Tried few games and it always sounded like a jet engine. Opened it up to only to see that the console was almost dust free but thermal paste was dried. After replacing the thermal paste, it runs cool and silent.

@SaiyanGoku arent you sick of gaming on ps4 compared to laptop or pc.When I tried ps4 compared to my laptop I hated it alot That 30fps hurts alot.
Congrats for all the purchase got sweet deals on all.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku arent you sick of gaming on ps4 compared to laptop or pc.When I tried ps4 compared to my laptop I hated it alot That 30fps hurts alot.
Congrats for all the purchase got sweet deals on all.
Thank you!
Yeah, even though there are 60 fps patches (which don't work every time) and I play only single player cinematic games (jailbreak lol) on it, not having >60 fps sucks. And the inbuilt media player is garbage. Sony, you are running FreeBSD based OS, just freaking include VLC or mplayer instead.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dell OptiPlex 3060 Micro: CAD 150
Seagate 4 TB game drive: CAD 60 (has warranty left till April 2026)
(Xbox controller for scale)
PXL_20230729_021533464.jpg
PXL_20230729_021619593.MP.jpg

Its so smol. Has i5-8500T, 16GB ram, 500 GB HDD (yeah, will remove it). Planning to use it for learning linux and docker, plus will house bitwarden and plex server. The drive will act as a download cache till I watch it and later copy/move it to separate HDDs. Haven't checked the LAN port's speed yet or which distro to use. It will be connected to the TV all time for watching media content though. Need some suggestions from the linux gurus here.

Last edited:

Killing Machine
Today's freebie haul:
PSVR with camera and move controllers (this is a big one, only thing missing is the 5v ac adapter for the stand)
Netgear C7000v2
AMD Wraith Stealth
Sennheiser CX 80S & some random JBL earphone.
Where are you taking the freebies from? Garage sales?

Top Bottom