Heres mine i think this is one desktop every one would like

Metacity theme is milk 2.3
wallpaper is flyaway
& additional eye candy is gDesklets-weather report, bible verse of the day

the pic is only 70kb so shouldnt be of much load for a dialup user also

*www.cryptid.5gigs.com/beauty.jpg

Satissh S

Youngling
WOW!! Nice one there!! Superb icons by the way 8) And you could also use a button for tracking open programs intead of taskbar. Takes much space isn't?

kato

Karthiksn
@cryptid The theme beats Winows Milk Theme Dude Tell its GNOME right i have a feeling it is. Tell that also dude

cryptid

Journeyman
i am running a Ubuntu 5.10 gnome and the icon theme is nuoveXT 1.5 can be found on gnome-looks.org

i will be posting some more screenshots very soon

praka123

left this forum longback
Here's my Debian Sarge 3.1r1 with some
backports.org packages installed including kernel-2.6.15-smp
having libata passthrough(ie,sata smart can be Monitored!)

*img523.imageshack.us/img523/3498/screenshot5sm.th.png

eddie

El mooooo
Some really nice shots there. Here is one I somehow missed posting or may be I already posted it. Don't remember. Here it goes anyways :)

*img503.imageshack.us/img503/7813/snapshot75dk.th.png

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
You use Linspire.... What is that weather tool you are using ? Also what media player do you use ? How do I get that song ticker

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@eddie cool desktop. Is it Gentoo? Tell me how you got it? I am trying to install gentoo once again today.

eddie

El mooooo
vignesh said:
You use Linspire.... What is that weather tool you are using ? Also what media player do you use ? How do I get that song ticker
No its not linspire. I will never touch that distro with a 100ft pole. The weather tool you see is superkaramba widget "liquid weather++" and the media player i am using is amaroK. The sound ticker is another widget named soundmania". You can find both of them on kde-look.org

eddie

El mooooo
tech_your_future said:
@eddie cool desktop. Is it Gentoo? Tell me how you got it? I am trying to install gentoo once again today.
Thanks :). Yeah it is Gentoo with KDE 3.5 and here is how i made it.
Wallpaper is from kde-look or may be it came with the style Baghira.
Icons are glaze from kde-look.
Font is a handel gothic. Superkaramba widgets i told in my previous post.
For taskbar, it is kbfx applet (replacing kmenu button) with a panel background. Done ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
How did you get kde 3.5? I want to try it out too? And you using X-org 7.0? I guess x-org 7 is needed for compiz and NLD? I wanna try em out. Am looking forward to custominsing my desky using some ideas formk yours.

Satissh S

Youngling
@prakash: One correction there on using aterm. I figured out how we can get transparency using gnome-terminal,
[RIGHT CLICK] --> [Edit Current Profile...] --> Throws up a dialog
Select [Effects] tab and then click [Transparent Background] radio button, and we have a transparent terminal!!

eddie

El mooooo
tech_your_future said:
How did you get kde 3.5? I want to try it out too? And you using X-org 7.0? I guess x-org 7 is needed for compiz and NLD? I wanna try em out. Am looking forward to custominsing my desky using some ideas formk yours.
KDE 3.5 sources are available since quite long and the binaries are provided by almost every distro. Which one are you using? I am not using Xorg 7.0 yet. It is still hard masked on Gentoo and will install it only once it comes under testing :)

As far as NLD is concerned, I don't have any inclination towards using it just yet.

eddie

El mooooo
vignesh said:
Where can I find this liquid weather++...I use Ubuntu 5.10 ...
Ubuntu uses Gnome. liquid weather++ is a widget for superkaramba which in turn requires KDE :(
You'll have to install KDE or look out for a similar widget under gdesklets.

Satissh S

Youngling
I can't but hold my desire to post this thing 8) , FVWM-Crystal look at this, :shock: :p
Modified FVWM-Crystal Configuration, Eye catching isn't? ;)
*img453.imageshack.us/img453/2180/fvwmcrystall3zw.th.jpg
@eddie: emerge fvwm-crystal

kato

Karthiksn
Hey Satish kool one i specially like how the firefox rather than minimizing has become a small thumbnail

Top Bottom