Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

kaz

right here
Not switching entirely, at least not yet. I already run Linux from a live USB, just need to figure out how to have it on my hard disk without losing all the other stuff that is there.

Just shrink and create a 5-10GB of partition using Windows Disk Management and install in that :)

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Here is my attempt at the ship with a sky replacement. Did not go as well as I planned, doesn't look as clean as I had hoped

*i.imgur.com/2ZDszpj.jpg

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks, but it doesn't feel as good as what I could have done if I spent more time on this.

The fact is that once you start getting into photoshop there is no saying where the manipulation should end. I just added a cloudy sky, I could have added a stormy sky, a hurricane, rain, lightening or even a kraken.... at what point does it stop becoming a great photograph and become a marvel of photoshop.

raja manuel

In the zone
The fact is that once you start getting into photoshop there is no saying where the manipulation should end. I just added a cloudy sky, I could have added a stormy sky, a hurricane, rain, lightening or even a kraken.... at what point does it stop becoming a great photograph and become a marvel of photoshop.

You mean you could have added a kraken but chose to go with a cloudy sky? There's just no explaining some people…

nac

Aspiring Novelist
People who shoot more often can share one of your original photo (preferably RAW). Couch potato like me can get an opportunity to try them in PP :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
People who shoot more often can share one of your original photo (preferably RAW).

Last 2 months I been shooting jpeg only. So here's one RAW pic from Jan I found that I did not edit yet.
So if interested, give it a try.

*www.dropbox.com/s/gv2labyuuibg33f/IMG_4370.CR2

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION]- Nicely done, but the sky looks a little odd.

Here's an attempt.
*i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t627/GenLibeb/Gandhi_zpsaa736805.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
I liked Nac's PP more...Gen your pic have poor contrast..why not increase the contrast a bit more

- - - Updated - - -

my edit

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/13556901045_f191c29600_z.jpg

I tried to remove the shadows but it was looking out of contrast...not good

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I was trawling through some of my old shots yesterday, will try to upload the raw of a shot that has good dynamic range. Also I need tips from you all on noise reduction, it seems that after post processing either my shots have high noise or they turn out very soft.

sujoyp

Grand Master
kaz I didnt even noticed that gen have cleaned some part of head :) but that messy head tells us a story which clean one dont ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
ooh kaz you forgot...street photography is all about stories....the story can be a poor administration , long lost respect of gandhiji, ignorence of people who fought for independence, bad state of gandhiji's congress :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ So you suggest that Gen trying to cover the fact by his PP skill? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Gen, Even I didn't notice that.

Self criticism:
I forgot to apply lens correction. The yellow brick wall and the trees drawing some attention. I think it's better if the frame fills just with the subject avoiding the above like Gen did (kudos to Gen :thumbs: ) When trying to get some blue in the sky, I messed by getting blue in wires, towers and grill holding the hoardings. As Sujoy pointed out, making the things perfect may be fine with portraits in fashion photography but in street its good to depict the things as it is (kudos to Sujoy :thumbs: ).

*i.imgur.com/S5FPnuR.jpg

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I lost contrast while getting up the shadows otherwise some of the blacks were getting too black. [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] - The b/w version works good for this one.

I am fine with editing jpeg's too if you guys don't have RAW & want to post jpeg.

Top Bottom