Post processing images - The final step to getting that awesome click

nac

Aspiring Novelist
no way nac ...its looking completely unnatural ....and why is that shaded line around the girl ...
u can perform this edit with a pic where there is slight blurry background and you want to increase the blurriness...but not where things are sharp and u want to blur them.
I guess it's because I don't know much about PP :D Checking videos and trying to mimic what they do.
You with compact almost all the time, we get everything in focus and all are sharp.

Nac: You might want to blur the edges too (you use a feather setting when selecting).
But even then it's really hard to get the same level of professional feel as you can get with a good lens.
I guess that grey halo is because of improper use of feathering :D
Yes, even if it is possible it will be a time consuming work and with my expertise.........???? ;)

Gen, Sure better than mine. She was sitting comfortably on the sofa, for our convenience now she is sitting on stool. ;)

I take this is the best one could get. With my observation/interaction, this is what I get. It's pretty much impossible to get the effect of a quality of glass or it's a time consuming work.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
It's not like I'm all that good at eye photos ... here's my attempt

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8062/8269942104_91ec5d0fdb_c.jpg
I can see myself in your eyes by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan I can see u completely in those eyes...you and ur lens should not be visible in the eyes in any case...try again ;)

I have done some PP on an old portrait shot of mine ...tell me if its looking good or its not worth it ;)

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2813/11753518416_b86979cffc_c.jpg
DSC_5216 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

after PP

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/11753171274_8a405f4d15_c.jpg
DSC_5216_pp-2 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Very subtle enhancement.

Guys any idea about what's the equivalent of clarity (LR) in PS.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, Is this possible to move edited image from PS to LR directly without changing edited work?

kaz

right here
I saw this 1-2 weeks ago.
Lightroom and Photoshop Photo Workflow - YouTube

hope it helps nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you Kaz. That's pretty good...

It's almost impossible to get bokeh with my camera for portrait work. I thought I could try this tutorial...

Here is my attempt.

*img35.imageshack.us/img35/2200/ioq4.jpg

Photo: Gen. Libeb

kaz

right here
Soon smartphone will help taking bokeh.. All because of the new Snapdragon 805 Processor ;)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Guys, Is this possible to move edited image from PS to LR directly without changing edited work?

Don't have an answer to this, but out of curiosity is there anything you can do in LR that you can't in PS regarding to just photo editing. ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
LR applies editing to whole pic and in PS we can apply selective editing...a biggg difference

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
LR applies editing to whole pic and in PS we can apply selective editing...a biggg difference

Yeah, but you can edit the whole pic in PS too.
I was asking if there is something you can do in LR that is not possible in PS (about photo editing)

I know the reverse is true, there are things you can do in PS that are not possible in LR.

I think you can manage files better in LR, but that's another thing.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Nac : there is an 'edit in photoshop' option somewhere in LR, so yes you can seamlessly move images between them. Never done it though

Sujoy: with LR 5.2 you can apply selective editing using brush, gradient tool, radial mask and all. It's still nowhere near what photoshop can do, but it allows you to do basic stuff without leaving LR.

As for the original question, even though there is a huge overlap between what LR and PS do, LR is more geared towards managing and editing photos, so it has collections, support for batch editing of metadata, options for backing up stuff on drives yet maintaining indexes, maintaining smart previews. So if you have hundreds of images on your drive, on your cloud, on external disks and all, then LR is the way to go

Photoshop is hardcore image manipulation, if you want to convert a selfie into a pic where you are leaning on the hood of a ferrari while Megan fox seranades you then you use PS. You have support for layers, masks, some amazing filters, all geared towards manipulating that one image to perfection.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Amlan, Video link posted by kaz explains everything clearly how things can moved from/to LR/PS.

Sujoy, Here is an attempt for you...

*img600.imageshack.us/img600/9313/8lny.jpg

It's obvious, image is not mine. Image courtesy: Google search. :)

lm2k

Journeyman
Very neat edit nac, i liked it

hey guys did u see the giveawayoftheday they are giving zonerphotostudio pro today, looks somewhat similar to LR.

Top Bottom