**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

smukherjee1979

Right off the assembly line
I have an unlimited 256kbps conn. for 600Rs and my speed comes around 3mbps.
so, I get a downloading speed between 300KBps-400KBps. the conn. is never dead works great.this is much better my previous sify conn. i used to download around 10-20Gb of data a month.Now a days i don't know what to download.I don't download torrent they are quiet slow

Hi,
I have unlimited 512 kbps connexion which i changed over to recently from my earlier 256 kbps night unlimited connexion.
The problem is I have been getting the same 220-230 kbps connexion speeds. I guess all my compaints at 1504 r falling to deaf ears or dumb brains. Could u plz elaborate on how ur connexion has apparently been overperforming by so high a margin...?
And secondly, could any1 plz help me out by providing any conatct nos other than those 15** BSs where at least 1 guy with tech-brain can be found...?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Hi,
I have unlimited 512 kbps connexion which i changed over to recently from my earlier 256 kbps night unlimited connexion.
The problem is I have been getting the same 220-230 kbps connexion speeds. I guess all my compaints at 1504 r falling to deaf ears or dumb brains. Could u plz elaborate on how ur connexion has apparently been overperforming by so high a margin...?
And secondly, could any1 plz help me out by providing any conatct nos other than those 15** BSs where at least 1 guy with tech-brain can be found...?
Try contacting your local MTNL, they must be having a customer care service for Triband also.

smukherjee1979

Try contacting your local MTNL, they must be having a customer care service for Triband also.

Yes,
contacting the guys at my local mankhurd xchange on the fone did not work...as they simply dont lift those damn fones...u call them...it comes busy...the next moment u call again and the fone keeps ringing... :mad:
i called the GM office of my zone and a fine lady responded well...but unfortunately the prob was way beyond her technical range...however, she gave me nos of divisional engineer (DE) alongwith the mobile nos...
the DE was not at office when i called at 12:15 hrs, i called at the mobile and he was on train...probably on his way to office...at 12:15 hrs...:confused:
after half an hr i called the office no again and this time he responded...too politely for a mtnl person...but as usual he found the problem weird and took my mob no. and told me he would call later after checking with his computer and stuff...
lets see...!:cool:

vajpayee

my mtnl got erratic most of the times adsl blinks and stays stable for just 1 minute and again goes off and this series goes on. i called the people even they came and tried out but couldnt rectify it. whats the matter? how to solve it?

smukherjee1979

my mtnl got erratic most of the times adsl blinks and stays stable for just 1 minute and again goes off and this series goes on. i called the people even they came and tried out but couldnt rectify it. whats the matter? how to solve it?

This thing sounds familiar...i have xperienced this and in fact, still happens occasionally...i simply keep the modem on and let it continue its erratic behavior...after waiting for, say, some good half and hr...the light calms down to steadiness...:)
but beware, this is not always the case...there r real disturbance in mtnl network in some areas, as mine, and it wont normally auto-correct...on such occasions i switch off the modem and go to sleep...:rolleyes:
the next day its a safe bet normally that the modem will behave properly...
for ur case, since the mtnl guys couldnt solve the prob, it might be a toughie...the prob may be in the modem, in which case u can ask for a replacement...but then again, its mtnl we r takling abt...and the tech-kno-how of those guys visiting ur home is questionable...:cool:

Yes,
contacting the guys at my local mankhurd xchange on the fone did not work...as they simply dont lift those damn fones...u call them...it comes busy...the next moment u call again and the fone keeps ringing... :mad:
i called the GM office of my zone and a fine lady responded well...but unfortunately the prob was way beyond her technical range...however, she gave me nos of divisional engineer (DE) alongwith the mobile nos...
the DE was not at office when i called at 12:15 hrs, i called at the mobile and he was on train...probably on his way to office...at 12:15 hrs...:confused:
after half an hr i called the office no again and this time he responded...too politely for a mtnl person...but as usual he found the problem weird and took my mob no. and told me he would call later after checking with his computer and stuff...
lets see...!:cool:

I called them (thats xpected...they never call u back)...and the DE told me its done, i would see the changed speeds after i reached home from office...also asked to give him feedback... :D
and voila...my speed's averaging 560 kbps...now thts something positive...:p

Last edited:

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
mtnl working fine for me.......
no bugs.......no problems
i m using it since sept and never got any kind of prob.......!!
my speed also sometimes rises to near abt 2 Mbps.......i hav 256ul conn......but not always.............
whats the matter......???

smukherjee1979

my speed also sometimes rises to near abt 2 Mbps.......i hav 256ul conn......but not always.............

some good karma may be...;)
i never got conn speeds more than 120 kBps...thts nearly 1 mBps...in my earlier 849 NU plan...
the 256 kbps UL plan is capped at 256 kbps...:(
thts the probs with UL conn...

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
You mean the 600 walla plan? 256 kbps unlimited connection right?

I was planning on taking that plan from now on so i wanted to know whats the average speed you get while downloading?

A.Bharathi chellakkannan

hii all,
i hav a mtnl triband connection in my deskptop n its working fine,recently i am also using a latptop of my brother n i wish 2 use da same triband connection 2 surf the net 4m laptop itself bt am facing few diffculties in it....
i installed da driver 4 dlink in my laptop n when i connect the ethernet wire 2 da laptop n router(DSL-502T)the ethernet LED does glow in the router bt 4 sum reason i am not able 2 go 2 da address 192.168.1.1 4m laptop to configure my settings...
i hav properly configured da IP settings un my laptop.......
pls help

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
You mean the 600 walla plan? 256 kbps unlimited connection right?

I was planning on taking that plan from now on so i wanted to know whats the average speed you get while downloading?

ya it cost me 650 bucks with modem.........
as i told i got avg d/l speed of around 40 kbps........but sometime it shooks to 100 kBps while downloading from torrent.......:D

the highest speed that i got was 180 kBps......:D
but not always.........!!!:(
but im happy with it........:D

jkjllkj

Water pipes

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings *www.liangdianup.com/subpages/airfitting_1.htm there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
:-o:-o:-o

irock4m.mobi

what speed you get ??

--------------------------
visit www.irock4m.mobi exclusive.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
what speed you get ??

Last edited:

mail2die

849 NU problem

hi
From 1st may i shifted 2 849 NU plan
my plan is changed but my speed is still as previous ....
getting 25kb/s download speed ..i called 1504 they r saying we will solve problem.from 1 st may .....no reply.....i also called 2 local exchange.....
m using MT 882 router provided by mtnl

*img206.imageshack.us/img206/2383/34252704.jpg

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
same problem here in delhi........!!!
I hav shifted from 256kbps ul plan to 2mbps 500 plan.......!!
But i am still getting the same 25-30kbps d/l and browsing speed...!!
They hav changed my plan but not the speed.......and i got frustrated past a week.......y dont they rectify that.......i am paying for 2mbps plan but getting of 256kbps.........:x

I talked to their noob.........err...no not noob their idiot/stupid/**** customer care ppl....(i think they r not there for caring us but for irritating us):-(:x
After a lot of enquiry they just able to tell me that there is some problem from exchange server, so they cant help me more....and it will be resolved soon......!!!!

MTNL is best but when something goes wrong.....its worst...!!!

Last edited:

paroh

Padawan
same problem here in delhi........!!!
I hav shifted from 256kbps ul plan to 2mbps 500 plan.......!!
But i am still getting the same 25-30kbps d/l and browsing speed...!!
They hav changed my plan but not the speed.......and i got frustrated past a week.......y dont they rectify that.......i am paying for 2mbps paln but getting of 256kbps.........:x

I talked to their noob.........err...no not noob their idiot customer care ppl....(i think they r not their for caring us but for irritating us):-(:x
After a lot of enquiry they just able to tell me that there is some problem from exchange server, so they cant help me more....and it will be resolved soon......!!!!

MTNL is best but when something goes wrong.....its worst...!!!

Customer service is not at all good.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
@ mail2die, have ur problem sorted out.......??
Well, i called the CC again, now they gave me an e-mail id and told me to mail my problem. It seems this is a general email id for all speed problem, here it is : bbspeed@bol.net.in

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey guys.....
my problem sorted out........now my speed is according to my current plan (2Mbps)
Now MTNL had corrected their fault.....and when i did the speed test, just minutes ago, i got to know i am getting fu***ng higher speed ...!!! :):cool:

*www.speedtest.net/result/486630363.png
:cool::D
although the speed varies from 1.5 Mbps to 6Mbps (yes, sometimes upto 6Mbps, may b bcoz i hav choosen New delhi server and i am in new delhi too )
but now i am getting avg b/w speed around 2.8 Mbps. hurrrray !!!:lol:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
hey guys.....
my problem sorted out........now my speed is according to my current plan (2Mbps)
Now MTNL had corrected their fault.....and when i did the speed test, just minutes ago, i got to know i am getting fu***ng higher speed ...!!! :):cool:

*www.speedtest.net/result/486630363.png
:cool::D
although the speed varies from 1.5 Mbps to 6Mbps (yes, sometimes upto 6Mbps, may b bcoz i hav choosen New delhi server and i am in new delhi too )
but now i am getting avg b/w speed around 2.8 Mbps. hurrrray !!!:lol:
congrats.... :)

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
but i must tell u that....this all happen after a month of complaining n screwing head with them........at last, some relief after a lots of pain.......!!! :)