** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

harry10

Gadgets freak
I was hoping for bsnl to at least give a 4mbps flat but they are still too behind other isp's.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I was hoping for bsnl to at least give a 4mbps flat but they are still too behind other isp's.

Actually, bro. we are never to be satisfied. If BSNL gives 4Mbps flat, we shall demand for 8Mbps flat and so on...
It is a never ending demand for gratification.
When we used to think 256kbps as a recognizable bandwidth, we used to think 512kbps as more satisfying and likening speed to yearn.
PURE PSYCHE BEHAVIOR OF HUMANS.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Not putting down bsnl at all.. in fact my 2mbps flat is good enough for my downloading and gaming needs.. plus the connection is very stable with hardly a downtime once a while.. it's just I feel they are capable of so much more and truly dominating our market.. but, they are lazy and all these new plans are just cos of great competition by pvt isp's.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@harry10

Don't put down BSNL for that. Even the private ISPs who serve limited areas at 100 Mbps also have plans with post-FUP speed of 1 or 2 Mbps.
I don't know about other areas but in Delhi there are a lot of local & major cable broadband providers that give 10-100mbps plans either without any FUP or with some generous FUP.Excitel gives 100mbps plans without any FUP & Hathway gives 50mbps plans with FUP but they are ready to give you 1000gb extra with simply a call to your local hathway agent or even their CC.Many local cable broadband resellers give 50/60mbps plans without any FUP.I myself am using one such plan & last month I downloaded around 500GB while uploaded around 5TB.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Again without opposing anyone's comments/views, I admit that I adore BSNL even comparing to Very Good private ISP's. Fact is the cr@p red tapism and mindset of the Governing people in BSNL has brought it nearer to its destruction. Still let us hope that it will prevail in its Glory to be a topper again regarding service of voice Telephony and Super Broadband in India.
Alliance Broadband here in Kolkata(Private ISP) do provides speeds
according to various plans of 100Mbps, 80Mbps, 60Mbps, 40Mbps, 25Mbps. FLAT without any FUP whatsoever.
Again and again fact about pure mindset + psychology.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
It is easy to give good plans in high connection density areas. You put 1 KM cable and you have like 3k connections. In small places, an ISP gets max 5-10 connections per KM. That takes a toll on plans and tariff. But of course, a lot could have been better in these areas. Sometimes, ISPs incuding BSNL try to loot customers beyond the limit.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
anyone getting this ;)

BSNL Extends the ‘Happy Browsing’ Promo Offer for its Broadband Subscribers Across the Country

Top Bottom