** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

imperialguy

Right off the assembly line
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

gary4gar said:
whoa!50kBps on 128kbps line

btw, where do u live & also ur friends also got the same speeds on v-online?

Yes, indeed I was very very lucky during those 6months. I live in Visakhapatnam and I did hear from some of my friends who told me about certain guys (who are my friend's friends) that they are experiencing such extremely high speeds on V-Online. And mind you, its not speed bursts (of say 35KB/s to 40KB/s) like you are thinking. I used to get consistent speeds. Although, I don't know the exact reason for these speeds, I can surely tell you that the speeds I got varied from protocol to protocol as mentioned earlier.

digitized said:
So only solution: You were very much lucky and used a 768kbps line for that period by only paying for 128kbps. We wish we were that lucky.
Well, all that luck was "the past". Looking in the present, currently, I'm just another BSNL broadband user, getting the speeds for exactly what i pay.

However, I cannot just neglect the fact that there was "something" that accelerated my speed during those 6months. Even my collegemates and friends were unable to tell anything. But, even then, I thought of a couple of reasons for this high speed:
1.) Because V-Online people made a human error in alloting me the line(i.e., probably they had alloted me some 1Mbps or 768Kbps line instead of a 128Kbps line) - Now, this is a very less possible fact because no ISP can make a mistake for 6 long months. He should've caught his own mistake and rectifed it in atleast a month.

2.) The technicians were immature and they must've operated on a faulty Server Equipment - I call this as "Faulty Engineering"

If it is neither of the above two, then check out my discussion in another forum where I'm in the process of tracing the correct reason with the help of a user named "prachandakaal", here:
*www.vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=53445.html#53445

tinku dhar

In the zone

mey be imperialguy WERE the one and only USER of V-online in ur locality lolz.....

mayn im usin BSNL tooo and have the same SPEED nothing toooo be done :|

also i have GOT a speed of upto .... 60kbps when in RAPIDSHARE premium and .... also 72kbps :)

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman

digitized said:
Just give an application to the AOTR of your area alongwith a last telephone bill. But do not start using it as unlimited unless you see the plan change in any of the portals for checking usage records. Please do not be impatient or be ready to see a huge bill.

BSNL is a bunch of jokers.

I applied for Plan Change from HOME 1000 to HOME UL 900 on 22nd of August and from 1st september the download speed came down to 25k-30k and it was written "Speed 256 Kbps" in the portal. So, I went to BSNL office and they said that "the plan has changed to HOME UL 900 but its not updated in the portal". ALso in the past when i changed from DIAS to DataOne HOME 1000 it was written "Speed 256 Kbps" in the portal. Why is it ? I m confused whether to start downloading big files now.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

anirudhasarawgi said:
I applied for Plan Change from HOME 1000 to HOME UL 900 on 22nd of August and from 1st september the download speed came down to 25k-30k and it was written "Speed 256 Kbps" in the portal. So, I went to BSNL office and they said that "the plan has changed to HOME UL 900 but its not updated in the portal". ALso in the past when i changed from DIAS to DataOne HOME 1000 it was written "Speed 256 Kbps" in the portal. Why is it ? I m confused whether to start downloading big files now.

This again proves that BSNL is indeed a bunch of jokers.:mad:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

The BSNL guys dont hv modems,so i hv only D-LINK 502T as the option.Is it good for P2P mainly BiTTorrent as i hv heard bad things about D-Links DMZ.Or i should wait for bsnls modem.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

mAYHEM said:
The BSNL guys dont hv modems,so i hv only D-LINK 502T as the option.Is it good for P2P mainly BiTTorrent as i hv heard bad things about D-Links DMZ.Or i should wait for bsnls modem.

Get your own standard ADSL modem if you are impatient, so else wait for BSNL to give you a modem at a time which only GOD knows. However hard you complain, BSNL will do it's work (if ever it does) at it's own leisurely time. :mad: . I had to wait for 3 weeks after applying to get the modem and another week to get my username activated.

This again proves what I told earlier. They are indeed a bunch of jokers.:mad:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Anyone using D-Link 502T.Can anyone tell its performance with Bittorrent,read about many D-Link modems as Bad modem/router in various forums.

imperialguy

mAYHEM said:
Anyone using D-Link 502T.Can anyone tell its performance with Bittorrent,read about many D-Link modems as Bad modem/router in various forums.

Currently, I'm using D-Link DSl-502T modem/router and BSNL Dataone UL900 package. Whether in BitTorrents, or P2P or in rapidshare downloads, I always get a consistent speed of 30KB/s i.e., around 240Kbps. If I'm lucky, speeds in P2P sometimes exceed 300Kbps too. So, I think I'm getting what I need to get. But in order to get these speeds, you'll have to do Port Forwarding in the ADSL Router.

Rishi

I am not sure if this has been adressed previously but here goes.

I would like to know how does BSNL calculate the period for determining the bandwidth of it's broadband account. e.g. I have a 2GB bandwidth limit. Is it from the 1st of the month to 31st of the month or is it by the billing period. (generally 9th - 8th)?

I asked BSNL people about this, they are generally unaware about this, but sometimes say that it is by the billing period. However if it is by the billing period, the data provided by the bsnl website www.dataone.in gives download data monthly and there is no way to get the data by billing period.

Hope you can solve my problem.
Rishi

* edited for spelling

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Rishi said:
I am not sure if this has been adressed previously but here goes.

I would like to know how does BSNL calculate the period for determining the bandwidth of it's broadband account. e.g. I have a 2GB bandwidth limit. Is it from the 1st of the month to 31st of the month or is it by the billing period. (generally 9th - 8th)?

I asked BSNL people about this, they are generally unaware about this, but sometimes say that it is by the billing period. However if it is by the billing period, the data provided by the bsnl website www.dataone.in gives download data monthly and there is no way to get the data by billing period.

Hope you can solve my problem.
Rishi

* edited for spelling

It is to 1st to 31st/30th of the month. Your confusion and their ignorance again proves that they are indeed a bunch of jokers.:mad:

mAYHEM

Journeyman

I bought a Dlink GLB-502T using it through USB.Can anyone tell me how to configure this for dataone.Couldn,t find PVC0,1,3,PVC box is greyed and shows New,theres also a AUTO PVC option,the guide for DSL 502T didn't helped.Plz reply

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

can u provide some screen where pvc0 option is placed??

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Here r the Screenshots
*img145.imageshack.us/img145/8538/nmainfx9.th.png

*img167.imageshack.us/img167/3835/newconnyn1.th.png

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/2213/bridgesd6.th.png

*img214.imageshack.us/img214/6238/advbj3.th.png

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

^^
U using Dlink DSL 502T? Coz when I configured my adsl router it was totally diff than urs.

mAYHEM

Journeyman

Got the PVC box working(didn't enabled sharing).There is no pvc0,it becomes pvc 0.32(same as vci no).
*img83.imageshack.us/img83/6798/nwxo5.th.png
So can anyone tell me,how to config it.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

^^
No no don't change it. Its correct. It is 0:32 (PVC:VCI) PVC is 0 only. So no need to change.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

mAYHEM said:
Got the PVC box working(didn't enabled sharing).There is no pvc0,it becomes pvc 0.32(same as vci no).

So can anyone tell me,how to config it.

leave all rest values to default
choose any one of them
al always on
*img183.imageshack.us/img183/8486/screenshot910200675921pmob2.th.png

dial up connection
*img86.imageshack.us/img86/7238/screenshot910200680151pmbi1.th.png

well just too lazy to type:lol:

C

crazywolf

Is there any way to know our usage on bsnl dataone
plz help

Rishi

digitized said:
It is to 1st to 31st/30th of the month. Your confusion and their ignorance again proves that they are indeed a bunch of jokers.:mad:

Thanks, I wanted to know the amswer of that for a long time.

Top Bottom