Possible pictures of Prince of Persia reboot

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
A report at Kotaku.com stats this.

This image is reportedly our first look at a brand new Prince of Persia game. It was posted by a user on Ubisoft's official forums, and down the bottom you can see the term POP_ZERO_2.

Is it real? Who knows, we're asking. Is it interesting? You bet. If it is real, that's not just a black Prince, it looks to have at least part of the game set somewhere closer to Egypt than the series' traditional Persian stomping grounds, going by the clothing on that crowd.
Prince of Persia Zero was the codename for an aborted attempt by Ubisoft a few years back to do something radical with the franchise, like taking it into the present day.

original.jpg

While there are signs this really could be from an in-development build of the game - the crowd is "floating", the visuals are pretty rough and they all appear to be looking straight ahead...at his junk - I also shouldn't need to tell you how easy it is to fake something like this.

Still, because it's so interesting, here it is. We'll update if we hear back from Ubisoft.

UPDATE - Check out these pics posted on NeoGAF back in May. From what can be made out of the silhouetted man's outfit and the those of the crowd behind him, it certainly looks similar to the image up top.

original (1).jpg

A black prince, a different setting, seems like open world. Chances are high that this is nothing. But, lets hope that it turns into the next PoP game. :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
yea saw this news.. but I never played POP except the classic.. also I didn't finish it at all :p

tkin

Back to school!!
The character looks like cr@p, pop is about a prince, not some husky wrestler, won't see a 300 pound guy crawling over walls in any assassination games, AC, POP, the character needs to be slender and fast.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Looks like AC except that they can change the title to Gangsta Creed :lol:

gameranand

Living to Play
The character is terrible. Doesn't look like prince at all, looks more like a wrestler. Can't they just leave prince in peace and work on a new project.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I hope it is not as shown in the pic. I would hate to move the prince away from his Persian roots.

abhidev

Human Spambot
*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/aZDgc-610x381.png

*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/cHIBo-610x381.png

*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/kXchE1-610x381.png

since its in the Egyptian setting...I think its genuine to hv a black prince....but a wrestler prince...never!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/aZDgc-610x381.png

*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/cHIBo-610x381.png

*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/kXchE1-610x381.png

since its in the Egyptian setting...I think its genuine to hv a black prince....but a wrestler prince...never!!!

Egyptians are not black.

The screenshot looks like it is some training exercise program for kinect.Look how everyone is standing by keeping their legs apart.
*img1.imagehousing.com/29/0edafb2a6e7d8226652c2a833a8e1b4e.jpg

Piyush

Lanaya
The screenshot looks like it is some training exercise program for kinect.Look how everyone is standing by keeping their legs apart.
*img1.imagehousing.com/29/0edafb2a6e7d8226652c2a833a8e1b4e.jpg

whatever it is.....
the dude running this game is getting 13fps :lol:

Top Bottom