Portal d game...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
HI,
Has anyone here played Portal?
Are there only those 19 chapters? They r quite difficult though............
what is d moto in d game..................just finishing those levels would finish d game or there r any more things?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah I finished portal, its quite a challenging game, believe me. There are only 19 test chambers, and then you have the maintanence areas which lead to the final area. The motto is difficult to explain... you seem like a test subject for testing the portal gun, but its not exactly the case. heres a hint - tune up the volume and listen to what the glados says in all levels carefully. this is like a spiritual successor to system shock 1&2 :D

@chess
if you have nvidia graphics card, get portal demo called "portal the first slice' via steam for free.

*www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=410

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Go to a friend's place who has nvidia, download there and copy it to yours. Its pretty legal since ATI sponsored the development of HL2 and Portal. Also, there was a pic "plays best with ATI" in the portal game, but was taken off in a patch when this nvidia offer was advertised.

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
Yeah I finished portal, its quite a challenging game, believe me. There are only 19 test chambers, and then you have the maintanence areas which lead to the final area. The motto is difficult to explain... you seem like a test subject for testing the portal gun, but its not exactly the case. heres a hint - tune up the volume and listen to what the glados says in all levels carefully. this is like a spiritual successor to system shock 1&2 :D

@chess
if you have nvidia graphics card, get portal demo called "portal the first slice' via steam for free.

*www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=app&AppId=410

Abe ye anadi to khela nikla*

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hogaya download! :)

Edit: hmm its real small game :(

just finishing those levels would finish d game or there r any more things?

More maps :)

I finished downloading it yesterday. onto chamber 15
and even though its a small game its really satisfying. Like I was so bored with similar games, got finally something new!

More such innovative games?

Last edited:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Also
Portal - flash version - has new maps, that can be downloaded for the 3d game as well! :D
Edit: this mappack requiers steam/hl2 :(
Question: Anyway to see replay in this game? Or get a 3rd person prespective??

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hmm... Portal is based on the HL2 engine, where entering 'thirdperson' in the console gives you that perspective. I dont have the game right now, so I cant verify, perhaps you could try it out and post?

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
^Thanks for the tip.
I totally forgot abt the cs-like console!

For third person view -
Open console ( need to enable it first from option first)
Enter "sv_cheats 1"
Enter "thirdperson"

ALSO..
Sweet sweet mappack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom