Your favourite genre of games?

• FIGHTING (Mortal Combat, Tekkan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
If you have voted with any particular game in mind then do mention it here. Due to the vast catalogue of games available many people miss out on many good games. It would encourage others to try out what you swear by.

I was scared of Tekkan since even a child could beat me at it. But I saw some enjoy the game so much I decided to buy a copy and give it a try. Next thing I know I am beating everyone up (with a lot of coaxing in real life ;-) ) You can influence others gaming habits in a similar way :)

Well Mass Effect series are RPGs but they aren't hack n' slash.And i still don't like calling DAO hack n' slash.Its a pure RPG.Diablo series, however is the best example for H&S.

Hmm Mass effect is a Third person shooter TPS and a RPG. Now I don't know which category can contain it.

Diablo is a pure RPG. I haven't played Diablo BTW.

AFAIK there is no genre called "Hack and Slash"

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hack & Slash can be a subset of RPG but RPG is overall lengthy & story linked with it most important is character developement

Neuron

Electronic.
Hack & Slash can be a subset of RPG but RPG is overall lengthy & story linked with it most important is character developement

The main and probably the only difference between a hack and slash and normal RPG is that in a hack slash game you will be crushing enemies most of the time.A H&S game provide you with more frequent chances for character upgrading.In a non H&S rpg you will have to do plenty of talking like in DAO.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well my preference broadly goes like this:-

Racing
RTS
Simulation (train sim, zoo tycoon etc.; this genre is also missing from the poll)
Shooter
RPG
Action-Adventure
Sports

But nothing beats casual/arcade games for a quick shot. ;)

Alok

Adventurer
My preferences

1.RPG
2. Gta and clones
3. Action Adventure
4. arcade
5. Fps
6. Racing
7. Fighting (tekken series only)
8. RTS

Soumik99

Journeyman
Shooters>then RPGs(starting to fall in love with them! :D )> Stealth(which you totally forgot to put in for the vote(edit:no he didn't, my bad) :p )>and of course Action-Adventure>lastly survival-horror(I beat RE4 the PC Version! :enforcer: and i am proud of that)

*www.dealspwn.com/writer/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Resident-Evil-4-%C2%A37.99-@-Coolshop-PC-Games-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom