Poll: Why is Agarkar still in Indian team even though his perfomance is pathetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Why do selectors persist with Ajit Agarkar ? It's been almost 10 years since he made debut for India but still he is so consistent with his inconsistency. He gives so many runs. Infact he gives the opposition chances to come back into the game. Don't we have better players! Its better if a new player is given a chance and he goes for runs. Please give your comments/suggestions

gofeddy

Broken In
The selectors are hopin that he gets back to the form tat he was in during his very early days.
u know he is the guy who has got 50 wkts during the fastest time...i think arund 20-25 odis.
but the main reason he is in the team is tat very occasionaly he gets som quick n importnt wkts for the team............infact he was the main reason india won a test match in australia.....he piked up 6 wkts

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
infact he was the main reason india won a test match in australia.....he piked up 6 wkts
tha twas because australia wanted to go for a win, so they went after him(india's weakest bowler) rashly.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I strongly disagree that he bowls bad. He gives runs... so what? Have you seen the economy rate of Brett Lee? Or Shaun Tait?

Why they are in Aussie team? Cause they pick wickets. As pointed out by gofeddy. He still remains one of the only 4 indian bowlers to have picked more than 250 ODI wickets.

Plus, you might not have observed it, due to the love you have for the Indian team, but these so called fielders and that so called keeper Dhoni are pathetic. You will be amazed if you see the numbers of catches dropped off the bowling of Agarkar by these players. Had he been in the Aussie team then he surely would have been one of their top line bowlers.

Again, due to the poor fielding of the players, more runs are scored of his bowling. He is not a economical bowler. But he is a wicket taker, and in the days where scores of over 400 are being successfully chased, the economy rate he has, of around 5.5 is not at all bad.

Aditya

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^ya you are right

How come....

Agar woh itni achi bowling nahin karata to india pak ka match tied nahin hota naa..Fir india comforatble win kar leta :D

Agar woh itni achi bowling nahin karata to fir India ko NZ se haarna nahin padta na.:D

Aree see we have better choices like Irfan Pathan His younger brother..we can give him a chance

Call Zaheerr Khan naa

@aditya

ya u r right....Brett lee did so bad by taking hat trick yesterday..poor guy:D

Agarkar should read ur post...u r comparing him with Lee and Tait...what a pleasure u r giving to him.:)

Why not we make him indian captain..at least fir hum match to nahin dekhenge naa.

Or he can be a better selector to choose players like him...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And what what dhoni dropped catches on his bowling ya...u r right ..dhoni should do keeping at first slip...so that he can get catches on agarkar's bowling....Also...why we need a wicker keeper on his bowling(Koi ball miss hogi to wicker ke peeche jayegi naa)

Also there can be some rule change...

When Agarkar bowls...

Fielders are not allowed inside 75m Circle(jaroorat hi nahin hai always ball will be out of boundary naa) :D:D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Agarkar is not a consistent performer...He gives hell lotta runs in most of the matches...But takes more than a couple of wickets once in 3-4 matches or so...

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Aditya even though Shaun Tait and Brett Lee go for runs I can tell you for sure that they take more wickets than Agarkar and have a better economy rate than him. More important they bowl faster than him which can make the oppostion be more careful. When he is been playing for such a long time its obvious he is going to take lot of wickets. I also admit that he took lot of wickets initially when he burst onto the Indian cricket team. There have been very few bowlers who were given the chances that he was given so obviously he will take wickets.
Its not only Agarkar even with others bowling we drop lot of catches. Forget about him playing for Australia, They will not at all entertain him for such a long time. Do you know about bowlers like Jason Gillespie Micheal Kasprowicz. They have not beeen selected for the Australia team even though they are good bowlers. They will not allow Agarkar anywhere near their dressing room leave alone taking him in the team of Australia.

Please compare the economy rate of other topline bowlers of other countries with Agarkar then you will know the facts.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I know Agarkar is nowhere near them. I am just saying that he was born in a wrong country. Even I have begun to dislike him. But he is not the sole reason of the state of the team. (You know.... I was a big fan of his.... finding it difficult to shout against him :-D)

And for the record, I have been supporting Aussies since the 2003 WC. (Specially Ponting).

As far as Gillespie is concerned, he is supposed to be one of the best fast bowlers Aussies ever had. And he has been selected by the panel among the 30 players contracted for WC 2011. But he is injured about 10 months of a year these days.

azzu

AJJU
Off Topic: I was too same in bowlin as he was (ya i played for my district and playin for my Area club) i used to gave lotta runs though no 1 put me aside coz i was d captain :d
but now i have changed my style iam the Economiest bowler in my District

IAM SAYIN THAT he is imp guy for india for his EXp but he gives tonnes

there was a time where he used to bat N bowl beutifully now its gone
Piyush u said to call ZAHeer
not only zaheer but saurav ,sachin ,dravid r outta 20-20 coz BCCi is not takin it Seriously but they r plannin for the next aussie N pak series

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
abhi_10_20 said:
^^^What a thread....:D.....u are right. Even i get the same question every time he plays..:sad:
Yeah me too thinks like tat

i dont know why he is in the team,picking up 250+ wickets is not a big deal he has played in several matches...even ganguly has more than 100 wickets.....Agarkar has a an amazing ability to bring back the opposition team frm the jaws of defeat......i dnt know how many times i have seen this......he comes in gives 17- 20 runs in last overs n the game chnges against us.....this is his usual mode of play which hav not changed since wen i saw him in 1999(ind vs sa match) world cup wer sa beat india in dis he gave away 23 runs in last overs n its same story till today

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
azzu said:
there was a time where he used to bat N bowl beutifully now its gone

Now see Pathan his gud time of bowling was gone but looks at his come back Now he is class player not agarkar

but anyhow this thread is going no where ....

Moral is agarkar will play and we still will watch cricket still hoping a win for india

me leaving this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom